× Members

Malicious reporting of benefit claim

More
8 years 3 months ago #149045 by whitehorse
Malicious reporting of benefit claim was created by whitehorse
Hi
I wrote in December asking advice about a letter my husband received from DWP saying they were reviewing his benefit claim. My husband has MS. I followed advice given and told job centre that he could not attend meeting. They said fine, we will be back in touch in new year. They have been back in touch again and I spoke to someone from job centre this morning who told me that the review had been generated in September last year by an anonymous call to the benefit fraud line? I think that's what he called it. I explained that there was a neighbour who had been causing a lot of problems by reporting people to the council and accusing others of quite ridiculous things throughout last year. He said if it was malicious reporting they would just put a stop to it but that one of his colleagues would be in touch to arrange a home visit with my husband. Of course we're doing our usual and having a panic. Can anyone advice on what this home visit will involve and also if it will flag my husband who is on DLA indefinitely to be assessed for PIP?
Many thanks to everyone involved in this group. You have been lifesavers to us over the years. I don't know how we would have managed without you.
Regards
whitehorse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149067 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Malicious reporting of benefit claim
whitehorse

It will depend on the nature of the report, have they asked for bank statements?

If not then it is most likely to be about entitlement, perhaps this person has said that they have seen your husband doing something that would be incompatible with his award; lifting heavy bags in the garden or going out for a walk.

He will be asked about these things as relevant.

I don't have the statistics to hand but I believe that something like 95% of reports go no further than the interview.

The person seeing you will not be the one making the Decision they merely present the evidence to a Decision Maker, if they decide there is a case to answer one of the options available is a re-assessment and if you are on the UK mainland then this would result in a invitation to claim PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: whitehorse

More
8 years 3 months ago #149072 by whitehorse
Replied by whitehorse on topic Malicious reporting of benefit claim
Hi Gordon. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. The letter looks like a standard letter. It says we are reviewing your benefit claim. Come to your meeting to keep us up to date. It says to bring ID and recent bank statements, statement from pension supplier etc. Would this change your answer?
Thanks again
whitehorse

More
8 years 3 months ago #149087 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Malicious reporting of benefit claim

whitehorse wrote: Hi Gordon. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. The letter looks like a standard letter. It says we are reviewing your benefit claim. Come to your meeting to keep us up to date. It says to bring ID and recent bank statements, statement from pension supplier etc. Would this change your answer?
Thanks again
whitehorse

A previous post says that you have been told that the letter is the result of a call to the Fraud Line, so no I would not change my advice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: whitehorse

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.