× Members

DLA to PIP

More
8 years 3 months ago #149048 by vivi
DLA to PIP was created by vivi
Hi I have just received my DLA to PIP letter asking me to phone. I need to ask for a PIP1
by post, as I find it very difficult talking on the phone.

Are people still having problems with not receiving these forms, and how long should I wait
before emailing my MP? My MP is Justine Greening - will she have time for such small matters?

Thank you

Vivienne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149071 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP

vivi wrote: Hi I have just received my DLA to PIP letter asking me to phone. I need to ask for a PIP1
by post, as I find it very difficult talking on the phone.

Are people still having problems with not receiving these forms, and how long should I wait
before emailing my MP? My MP is Justine Greening - will she have time for such small matters?

Thank you

Vivienne

I think we have had three members go down this route, one had problems, the others have not reported any so I assume it went OK.

You need to leave enough time for the form to be sent and to return it, so maybe 10 days before the return date. If the PIP1 is not returned on time you will be given a further 28 days to do so but your current DLA payments will be suspended, when the form is returned any missed money will be paid.

Your MP will have staff in their constituency office who deal with issues like this in the name of your MP, there is no reason why they should not help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #152202 by vivi
Replied by vivi on topic DLA to PIP
Hi

I have just had a horribly stressful weekend filling in my PIP 2 form; I wanted to get
it over with, because I can't sleep while the form is still sitting there!

I want to ask what is the best way of attaching about 10 sheets of medical evidence/
doctors letters? I don't want to just paperclip it, incase it goes astray, but I also
want it to be easily accessible, so that it is not ignored.

Would stapling the sheets inside the back cover be any good, or has someone else
tried a better way?

It is nice to have this site to turn to at such an unbearable time.

Thanks

Vivienne

More
8 years 2 months ago #152237 by Gordon
Vivi

Staples are fine or treasury tags of punch a hole through the top left corner of the form and extra pages and use a piece of string with a knot than can easily be undone.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #152495 by vivi
Replied by vivi on topic DLA to PIP
Hello

I am about to send my completed PIP 2 form and evidence back. Do you think I should send a copy to the PIP Decision Maker, to ensure they read everything? Or is that unnecessary?

I don' t really want to spend the extra Special Delivery Postage, unless you think it would help
make sure the Decision Maker doesn' t miss anything.

Many thanks

Vivienne

More
8 years 1 month ago #152507 by Gordon

vivi wrote: Hello

I am about to send my completed PIP 2 form and evidence back. Do you think I should send a copy to the PIP Decision Maker, to ensure they read everything? Or is that unnecessary?

I don' t really want to spend the extra Special Delivery Postage, unless you think it would help
make sure the Decision Maker doesn' t miss anything.

Many thanks

Vivienne

There's no specific reason for copying in the Decision Maker when returning your PIP22, the form is actually returned to the DWP so they will copy it before they pass it on to the Assessment Provider.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.