× Members

PIP1 Phone call

More
8 years 3 months ago #149079 by lancaster77
PIP1 Phone call was created by lancaster77
Hi. I've been a member here for some time but do not actively use the site, and it really seems, after what happened today with DWP, I really should have. I received a letter for DLA to PIP recently and was asked to phone to confirm my decision if I wanted to claim PIP. I have an indefinite DLA award, high care & mobility, due to MS. I thought I was phoning just to confirm some basic information. When the operator said he would be "starting" the claim over the phone, I did say I was unwell, in bed, in pain, and could a form be sent to me, but was told only severely ill people have such assistance, and anyway, I couldn't be in that category he said because I was talking/using the phone. I really really struggled to give the info required over the phone, but, my MS and poor memory let me down, not remembering or assuming they knew about my poor mobility and that I use a wheelchair. I am SO very worried that I will lose my PIP and my Motability car (which is the only way I can go out anymore), before my PIP forms and/or doctor's visit start. Please help. Any advice, however late after today, will be grateful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149090 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP1 Phone call

lancaster77 wrote: Hi. I've been a member here for some time but do not actively use the site, and it really seems, after what happened today with DWP, I really should have. I received a letter for DLA to PIP recently and was asked to phone to confirm my decision if I wanted to claim PIP. I have an indefinite DLA award, high care & mobility, due to MS. I thought I was phoning just to confirm some basic information. When the operator said he would be "starting" the claim over the phone, I did say I was unwell, in bed, in pain, and could a form be sent to me, but was told only severely ill people have such assistance, and anyway, I couldn't be in that category he said because I was talking/using the phone. I really really struggled to give the info required over the phone, but, my MS and poor memory let me down, not remembering or assuming they knew about my poor mobility and that I use a wheelchair. I am SO very worried that I will lose my PIP and my Motability car (which is the only way I can go out anymore), before my PIP forms and/or doctor's visit start. Please help. Any advice, however late after today, will be grateful.

The phone call you have made is simply to start a claim for PIP, no Decision will be made as a result of what you have said as long as you indicated that you do want to start a claim.

The next action is for you to be sent a PIP2 form to describe the problems you have with a number of activities.

I would suggest that you have a look at the PIP Claim guide on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any further questions about the process then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lancaster77

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149096 by lancaster77
Replied by lancaster77 on topic PIP1 Phone call
Gordon - thank you so much for your reply. Yes, I did start the claim today but having now looked carefully on this very helpful site, I do see that some are sent an 18 page form if they have difficulties using the phone. I'm too late for that, but I have downloaded your PIP Guide as well as looking at other info. At least I will be better prepared for the forms when they arrive.

Thank you for helping me.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149121 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP1 Phone call
The PIP1 form, the one that starts the claim, just contains simple information - your name, DOB, NI no, GP's name and whether you suffer from mental health problems that might mean you need longer to complete paperwork. That is what was completed over the phone. At some stage you will be sent the PIP2, the big form that allows you to tell DWP about your limitations. Have a good read of our PIP guide before you get this form and you will be at an advantage when it does come.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lancaster77

More
8 years 2 months ago #149320 by lancaster77
Replied by lancaster77 on topic PIP1 Phone call
Thank you so much Mrs Hurtyback for your further info and help and, re-assurance. I have read your PIP guide and already feel better prepared, just that I have memory problems as well and I really did not cope well with the PIP1 phone call. Thank Goodness for sites like this, people like you mods on here to help us sick & disabled. I really do feel now after a number of reviews over recent years that we, ideally, have to be fit to cope with all this, and of course we are most definately not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.