× Members

Pip Evidence

More
8 years 2 months ago #149351 by oneandonly
Pip Evidence was created by oneandonly
Please could you tell me if there is a time scale on consultants and dr letters that you use to prove your medical conditions as some of my evidence are older letters but still very relevant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149396 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Evidence

oneandonly wrote: Please could you tell me if there is a time scale on consultants and dr letters that you use to prove your medical conditions as some of my evidence are older letters but still very relevant

The general rule is that recent is better, reports over two years may not be considered, but it really depends on the report and the conditions being reported on.

A three year old report that details your problems in detail for a condition that can only deteriorate may be more useful than a recent one that does not explain how you are effected.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #149437 by welshgrl
Replied by welshgrl on topic Pip Evidence
My partner's medical evidence is from 2007, by that I mean the consultant letters to our GP, and x-rays. He doesn't go back and to to hospital with his conditions as there is no treatment for them. He just gets pain medication from the GP. He has osteoarthritis in both knees, ankles and back. The GP has managed his conditions and he has no hospital contact.

So would his evidence be deemed too old or would they realise that not everyone is back and to to the hospital with their ailments?

More
8 years 2 months ago #149440 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Evidence

welshgrl wrote: My partner's medical evidence is from 2007, by that I mean the consultant letters to our GP, and x-rays. He doesn't go back and to to hospital with his conditions as there is no treatment for them. He just gets pain medication from the GP. He has osteoarthritis in both knees, ankles and back. The GP has managed his conditions and he has no hospital contact.

So would his evidence be deemed too old or would they realise that not everyone is back and to to the hospital with their ailments?

If that is the latest evidence that you have then all you can do is use it. Assessors and Decision Makers should have sufficient experience to understand that this is all that some claimants have and that they are still representative of a claimants current conditions, although you might want to pay more attention to explaining your partner's current issues than if you had more recent evidence.

It can't hurt to speak to your GP about a new referral.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: welshgrl

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.