× Members

ESA RATE

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149422 by Tigerlily11
ESA RATE was created by Tigerlily11
Hi

I am getting £116.15 a week ESA. I am in the Support Group and get DLA high rate care and high rate mobility. I do not work but my husband works full time and we have no dependent children.
I am wondering how this figure is made up because it doesn't refer to this on the letter sent when I was put in the Support Group.

Thank you

Jessica
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149441 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA RATE

Jessica wrote: Hi

I am getting £116.15 a week ESA. I am in the Support Group and get DLA high rate care and high rate mobility. I do not work but my husband works full time and we have no dependent children.
I am wondering how this figure is made up because it doesn't refer to this on the letter sent when I was put in the Support Group.

Thank you

Jessica

Hi J,

What has changed ?

You stated in your post from around 7 months ago : Here that you were receiving "£73.10 plus £36.20" !

i.e. £73.10/Week Personal Allowance + £36.10/Week SG Component Addition Payment = £109.30/Week (£218.60/Fortnight)

This would be the correct amount applicable for a single claim over 25 year old in the SG, entitled to CB ESA only :

Benefit Rates 2015/16

Children don't come into ESA as there is no provision for ESA payments for them.

As your husband works more than 24 hours/week, you cannot possibly be entitled to any IR ESA top-ups including : Income Related (IR) ESA Premiums.

24 hour work rule for payment of IR ESA

So, unless you were previously in receipt of IB, IS or SDA before being successfully transferred to ESA, and you are in receipt of a Transitional Additions payment as you are protected by Transitional Protection : What will I be paid? , I have no idea what the extra £6.85/Week is for.

If you think that you may be getting overpaid, you should inform DWP ESA in writing ASAP by sending a letter to the address of The Benefits Office/Centre on your most recent ESA letter.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

Once you have informed them in writing, you have covered yourself, and even if you have received overpayments, they may choose not to claw it back if it down to an error on their part.

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149446 by Tigerlily11
Replied by Tigerlily11 on topic ESA RATE
Hi Bro

I was getting IB prior to ESA so it must be the Transitional Additions payment. I was looking at the benefit rates for 2015/2016 and couldn't understand how mine was made up.
Thanks for clearing that up and can I just say what a fantastic job you all do here.
Much appreciated.

Jessica
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #149447 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA RATE

Jessica wrote: Hi Bro

I was getting IB prior to ESA so it must be the Transitional Additions payment. I was looking at the benefit rates for 2015/2016 and couldn't understand how mine was made up.
Thanks for clearing that up and can I just say what a fantastic job you all do here.
Much appreciated.

Jessica

Hi J,

Glad that I could help !! :)

As long as you are sure that it is a Transitional Addition payment, that should be fine, but if you have any doubts, inform DWP in writing to cover yourself !

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.