× Members

Questions regarding the reassessment of my ESA

More
8 years 2 months ago #151368 by Gordon
Sootica

You have nothing to lose by completing the section, if you don't then you cannot score any points.

The Descriptor refers to

an involuntary episode of lost or altered consciousness resulting in significantly disrupted awareness or concentration.

can you show that due to the aura you meet this definition?

Please be aware that this Descriptor has no equivalent Support Group version, so if you are aiming for that group then you will need to do so via another Descriptor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sootica77

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151389 by Sootica77
Replied by Sootica77 on topic Questions regarding the reassessment of my ESA
Thank you Gordon, as you say I have nothing to lose by filling it it so I will do so, the worst that can happen is that they disagree with me and at best it will give them a better understanding of my problems.

Thank you again for the advice.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154256 by Sootica77
Hello,

I returned my ESA50 to Maximus over three weeks ago and still have heard nothing. In the past I always got a reply within 2 weeks to invite me to a medical. I called Maximus and they told me they had recieved the form and that it was going though "final checks" with the medical team and that I would either get a letter for a medical direct from them or if it was passed directly to the DWP that I would get a letter from them. They could not give me any more information than this or give me any idea of when I might hear anything.

Does anyone know who it is that actually looks at your ESA50 to decide if you need to go to a medical? Is it actually doctors or just admin staff? Also what do they mean by final checks?

I am very anxious waiting for any news and dreading the post every day and at the same time I would just like to know what is going to happen to me.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #154268 by bro58

Sootica77 wrote: Hello,

I returned my ESA50 to Maximus over three weeks ago and still have heard nothing. In the past I always got a reply within 2 weeks to invite me to a medical. I called Maximus and they told me they had recieved the form and that it was going though "final checks" with the medical team and that I would either get a letter for a medical direct from them or if it was passed directly to the DWP that I would get a letter from them. They could not give me any more information than this or give me any idea of when I might hear anything.

Does anyone know who it is that actually looks at your ESA50 to decide if you need to go to a medical? Is it actually doctors or just admin staff? Also what do they mean by final checks?

I am very anxious waiting for any news and dreading the post every day and at the same time I would just like to know what is going to happen to me.

Hi S77,

It will be a Maximus ESA Assessor (HCP as they like to call them) who's job it is to decide whether ESA claimants have provided enough evidence to carry out a paper based assessment without the need for a face to face.

If you want some reading matter to take your mind off things, have a read through The WCA Handbook available from the 2nd link under the heading "DWP ESA Resources" on : This Page :)

bro58

More
7 years 11 months ago #158915 by Sootica77
So 3 months after sending my form back I finally got a letter today to invite me to an assessment next week. I had requested my assessment to be recorded when I sent my ESA50 but the letter said mothing about that so I called them they told they had no information about my request for recording. They told me they sent an email to my assessment centre asking for it to be recorded and also gave me a fax number I could send my own written request. I will post a letter tomorrow as well but as my appointment is next week it is unlikely they will recieve my letter in time. Hopefully when I go on the day they will have the recording equipment.

Also due to the short notice I am unable to arrange for anyone to come with me. Someone is able to drop me off near the centre and then pick me up after but they can't come into the centre with me. Previously I always had a few weeks notice so I could get someone to come with me into the centre but this time I have to go alone and I am very worried that will go against me. I am sure they will still say I attended "alone" even if I was dropped off and picked up.

Will going on my own be a problem?

More
7 years 11 months ago #158954 by Gordon
Sootica

If you are hoping to score points from the mental health section, questions 11-17 or the Exceptional Circumstances Regulations then attending on your own may make it more difficult for you to get an award as they will make assumptions about your capabilities.

You should also be aware that Maximus failing to record your assessment will not be accepted as Good Cause for your failing to attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.