× Members

Capita home assessment for PIP

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149597 by NJLLOYD3
Capita home assessment for PIP was created by NJLLOYD3
I thought it might be useful to relate the experience of yesterday’s home visit by CAPITA for a DLA to PIP assessment.

Early December 2015 letter arrived to invite me to apply for PIP as I am receiving an indefinite DLA higher rate Mobility and care.

The PIP questionnaire is around 38 pages and I’m sure users of this forum will have read in detail the excellent guide to completing this form on the Benefits and Work website.

It is vital that the information boxes are completed thoroughly.

For my part, I submitted all my answers to further information as typed separate sheets of paper as my handwriting is very poor due to my physical disability.

I just hand wrote in the boxes see appendix…. referring to the separate sheet.
Don’t forget to head each sheet with your name and NI number if you go down this route.

I posted the to the DWP form on the 8th January and received my appointment for a home visit on the 19th January for a home visit scheduled for the 25th January at 12 noon.

For some as yet unknown reason the Health Professional (HP) didn’t turn up!

I telephoned CAPITA at 12.40 and was advised that the HP was ‘allowed’ to be up to an hour late before they attempt to contact the HP.

Still no sign of the HP at 1.20 so I phoned CAPITA who in turn phoned the HP- no reply so by 2.30 CAPITA had re arranged my appointment over the phone for today.

My complaint is in their system!

Yesterday’s assessment consisted of a discussion with the HP about my capabilities and a conversation about a typical day and the difficulties my disabilities pose.

Thee assessment was carried out by an OT and was conducted in a thorough and professional but friendly manner -it took 40 minutes.

The HP did look around the bathroom and bedroom to see the adaptions and aids, and we did an eyesight test.

So we shall wait and see the outcome!

The HP did say that virtually all CAPITA assessments in North Wales are carried out as home visits.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58. Reason: Broken up into paragraphs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149626 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Capita home assessment for PIP

Nick wrote: I thought it might be useful to relate the experience of yesterday’s home visit by CAPITA for a DLA to PIP assessment.

Early December 2015 letter arrived to invite me to apply for PIP as I am receiving an indefinite DLA higher rate Mobility and care.

The PIP questionnaire is around 38 pages and I’m sure users of this forum will have read in detail the excellent guide to completing this form on the Benefits and Work website.

It is vital that the information boxes are completed thoroughly.

For my part, I submitted all my answers to further information as typed separate sheets of paper as my handwriting is very poor due to my physical disability.

I just hand wrote in the boxes see appendix…. referring to the separate sheet.
Don’t forget to head each sheet with your name and NI number if you go down this route.

I posted the to the DWP form on the 8th January and received my appointment for a home visit on the 19th January for a home visit scheduled for the 25th January at 12 noon.

For some as yet unknown reason the Health Professional (HP) didn’t turn up!

I telephoned CAPITA at 12.40 and was advised that the HP was ‘allowed’ to be up to an hour late before they attempt to contact the HP.

Still no sign of the HP at 1.20 so I phoned CAPITA who in turn phoned the HP- no reply so by 2.30 CAPITA had re arranged my appointment over the phone for today.

My complaint is in their system!

Yesterday’s assessment consisted of a discussion with the HP about my capabilities and a conversation about a typical day and the difficulties my disabilities pose.

Thee assessment was carried out by an OT and was conducted in a thorough and professional but friendly manner -it took 40 minutes.

The HP did look around the bathroom and bedroom to see the adaptions and aids, and we did an eyesight test.

So we shall wait and see the outcome!

The HP did say that virtually all CAPITA assessments in North Wales are carried out as home visits.

Hi N,

Yes, we have heard from quite a few members where Capita either turn up early, or not at all.

You could give it a week or so then ring the PIP Helpline for an update :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Whist on the phone you could also request a copy of The PA4 Medical Report which would have been compiled by the Assessor at your face to face.

Some members have managed to obtain copy of the PA4 before receiving a decision.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.