× Members

pip appeal

More
8 years 2 months ago #149608 by ratty1960
pip appeal was created by ratty1960
I have my pip appeal coming up on the 8th February, and have only just got a extra supporting letter from my physiactrist consultant explaining I am unable to manage budgeting and getting lost while driving on familiar roads.lhave also just got a letter from my gp in which he states that I don't have the ability to do simple tasks,and would never be able to hold down a job.He also states that I now have incontinence which I have difficulty managing,but this has appeared in the last few months since my home pip assessment. Also as my consultant says I suffer from night terrors in which I smash things not realising I am doing it
I have got no one to help with the appeal and have just realised that any extra information should be sent a wee in advance.The best I can do is for them to receive it Tuesday with the appeal being the following Monday. Or am I allowed to take the letters on the day along with a daily diary of my difficulties. Will all this information be taken into account. I got 4 points for not being able to plan a journey under mobility and 2 points for needing encouragement to talk to people.My physciatrist has also mentioned that I have forgotten the oven was on and caused a fire.
I am at my wits end to know what to expect and act at the appeal has I am alone. Please could you help in some answers to my questions,and perhaps point out to me the basics of what to say
Thanks Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #149635 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic pip appeal
Hi
I would send it all off first thing tomorrow signed for so you know they got it.
You could also take it to the appeal in case it didn't get to them and explain you sent it as soon as you got it. You can't be held responsible for others delay. Everyone knows doctors and consultants are busy people and take time to do these things.
To prepare for the hearing I suggest you read and reread our guide to appeals in the members section. This will remind you of all the things you need to have covered, what to take with you and how to conduct yourself. The hardest thing in my experience is to stay calm, answer any questions as thoroughly as you can without waffling and make sure you make your points regarding the evidence and grounds of your appeal. Don't rush it. Take your time. Don't be afraid to ask for clarification if you don't understand any questions etc.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by foss27.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.