× Members

ESA form and PIP and length of ESA review period

More
8 years 2 months ago #149689 by Porridge
I have to submit an ESA renewal. I will soon be forced to apply for PIP. In my case, the ESA and PIP qualifying descriptors overlap. Is it still the case that sometimes claiments' ESA decisions are carried over to decide whether they will also get PIP? As described here: www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2953-esa-...e-pip-and-vice-versa , I currently receive indefinite DLA. Is it possible that I might avoid having to apply for PIP and just be moved over to it automatically?

Secondly, it is ludicrous that people like me, with severe, progressive, life-long, and incurable diseases have to renew their claims for ESA every three years, it is also cruel and extremely stressful. Is there a any way to try and persuade ATOS/Capitaa/the DWP to extend the period of renewal when filling out the ESA renewal form?

Thanks for any answers.

“There isn’t anyone who doesn’t appreciate kindness and compassion.” – Dalai Lama

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149698 by Gordon
Porridge

I'm sorry but nobody will be moved to PIP automatically, at the very least you will have to make a claim for PIP and complete a PIP2 form, whether are required to have an assessment will depend on the level of detail in and attached to your PIP2.

It is possible for an ESA report to be used as part of the Decision process but it is very unlikely that an award will be made based solely on the report.

As to your ESA, re-assessment dates are set by the DWP, I'm afraid they are not a discussion topic!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Porridge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.