× Members

Benefits assessment interview

More
8 years 2 months ago #149883 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Benefits assessment interview

daffyju wrote: Dear all, I'm so sorry for the confusion. I had a letter from the CHDA which said they had been asked by the DWP to carry out an assessment in relation to my benefit claim, at the Redruth assessment centre.
I claimed ESA last year and received payment until 4 July 14 , I was never put into a group. They stopped my payments saying that I hadn't paid enough national insurance contributions for the year 5 April 13 to 5 April 14.
In the meantime I moved in with my partner (July 2015). I informed ESA and they sent me a claim form which I completed and sent back.

I worked for 8 months on and off for the tax year 2014 to 2015 will they look at my contributions for that year?

Thanks for your help.

You mention 2014, can I assume that this is a typing error and you meant 4 July 2015?

It sounds like you made a claim for Contribution Based ESA but did not have sufficient Contributions in the Tax Years 2012-13 and 2013-14, you were then assessed for Income Related ESA but due to your partner moving in I'm guessing this was also unsuccessful. You currently have a Nil payment claim for ESA and receive NI Credits only.

Is this correct?

You don't mention what your previous Contribution history is so it's impossible to say whether your working in 2014-2015 would enable a new claim for ESA(CB) to be made. It's not enough to have worked you need to have earned enough to have paid for Contributions. You can request a statement from HMRC.

www.gov.uk/check-national-insurance-record

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• daffyju
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #149889 by daffyju
Replied by daffyju on topic Benefits assessment interview
Hi Gordon, yes it was a typing error. You are correct in what you say.
I think it just threw me that it's taken such a long time to be assessed.
I have completed the form requesting a statement for my contribution history.
Thanks

• daffyju
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150706 by daffyju
Replied by daffyju on topic Benefits assessment interview
Dear all, I thought I'd let you know that I phoned the DWP today and they informed me I have been put in the support group for 2 years.
I should receive my letter soon.

I am in receipt of DLA (high rate Motability, low rate care). Do you think it would be advisable to apply for the high rate of care?

Thanks for your help.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150709 by
Replied by on topic Benefits assessment interview

daffyju wrote: Dear all, I thought I'd let you know that I phoned the DWP today and they informed me I have been put in the support group for 2 years.
I should receive my letter soon.

I am in receipt of DLA (high rate Motability, low rate care). Do you think it would be advisable to apply for the high rate of care?

Thanks for your help.

Hi dj,

That is really good news !!! :)

Can you let us know when you receive confirmation in the written SG Decision Notice letter ! :)

You cannot " apply for the high rate of care" of DLA !!

If you report a Change of Circumstances (C of C) to DLA and ask for a review, you will be reviewed for PIP from scratch, rather than DLA.

As you may know, when being reviewed for PIP you would be reviewed from scratch so you could end up with a lesser award that the one that you currently have, or no award at all !!

With PIP Mobility in particular it is much harder to obtain an Enhanced PIP Mobility Award than it was to obtain a Higher Rate DLA Mobility Award.

Many former DLA H Rate Mobility award recipients who have transferred to PIP have received a lesser PIP award or no award at all !

Have a look at : This Recent News Article

If you were under 65 on 08/04/13, you will have to transfer over to PIP over the next 2-3 years.

See : This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

See also :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

So if you do request a review of your DLA, you will be reviewed under PIP qualifying criteria which is totally different to DLA qualifying criteria.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

• stickman1992
8 years 2 months ago #150793 by stickman1992
Replied by stickman1992 on topic Benefits assessment interview
i agree with bro had my dla to pip transfer and was on high rate mobility and low rate care. i cant walk without pain more than 20 metres and gave them consultant reports and gp reports but i still lost my mobility award but kept the care. think carefully about this first as the F2F are always biased towards the assessor.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.