× Members

What actually counts as an aid?

More
8 years 2 months ago #152634 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What actually counts as an aid?

kibbysmum wrote: I have just received the big bundle of papers including the DWP response to the appeal.

Is it their aim to make you feel like a lying scrounger? That is how I feel now :(

It is like I never sent proof or any of the pages stating where i think they made the wrong descriptor.They couldn`t even get the names of my conditions correct.

Do I need to do anything in response to this bundle? Or just wait for an appeal date?

I have no further evidence at this stage to send.

It's up to you but you now have an opportunity to try and explain your problems in more detail and to address the issues raised in the assessors report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152659 by chrisw
Replied by chrisw on topic What actually counts as an aid?
So do I send a response to the HMCTBS ?
Can I point out that the DWP have got the name of one of my conditions completely wrong,basically challenge anything on the DWP conclusion pages?
I had already sent in why I believed the descriptors were wrong along with the appeal pages.

Thank you :)

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152695 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic What actually counts as an aid?

kibbysmum wrote: So do I send a response to the HMCTBS ?
Can I point out that the DWP have got the name of one of my conditions completely wrong,basically challenge anything on the DWP conclusion pages?
I had already sent in why I believed the descriptors were wrong along with the appeal pages.

Thank you :)

Hi km,

All and any correspondence should now be sent to The Tribunal Service (TS) at the address provided.

You can safely submit fresh evidence to the TS until around 7-10 days before the hearing date.

You can point out discrepancies, however try and stick to the discrepancies that would make a positive difference to you scoring points.

If you feel that you have already posed sufficient arguments supporting how and why you should have received the appropriate number of points, you should not just send in additional information for the sake of it.

e.g. If you are to point out that DWP have got the name of one of your conditions wrong, which does not look very good on DWP, can you give details of how and why this error would have led to you not receiving the correct number of points, etc, etc ??

Are the limitations that you suffer as a result of your medical condition different to the limitations that you would suffer as a result of the wrongly named medical condition, etc, etc ??

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155770 by chrisw
Getting really anxious about my appeal hearing next Monday :S
Any final advise or tips for the day?

I will post how I get on. Fingers crossed :(

More
8 years 1 month ago #155795 by Gordon

kibbysmum wrote: Getting really anxious about my appeal hearing next Monday :S
Any final advise or tips for the day?

I will post how I get on. Fingers crossed :(

There will be three panel members, a Judge or Solicitor who will be in charge of the proceedings, a doctor who will likely ask most of the questions and a person with experience of disability issues.

The questioning will be robust but they will allow you time to answer, try and take a second or two to make sure you understand the question before responding.

The hearing will likely take 40-60 minutes, although I would be surprised if you notice the time passing.

They will allow you to cover any points that you feel are important at the end of the hearing.

They may not give you a Decision on the day, this is quite normal and is not a refection of you failing, just that they are busy.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #155810 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic What actually counts as an aid?
Good luck (although it should not be down to 'luck')!

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.