× Members

PIP appeal possible from a badly done claim form?

More
8 years 3 months ago #150402 by GretaWS
Please advise me if you can help!

I am helping a friend who came to me asking for help with their PIP appeal. I didn't help them with their initial claim and from looking at a copy of their form I don't think they did a very good job of filling it in.

They missed out what I think are some of their key limitations and then went on to say different but also not entirely representative things at their Capita assessment.

Is it possible to rectify this now so they can be awarded the correct rates at the appeal? Can we send in a submission explaining the difficulties they experience which were not explained on the claim form?

Thanks so much for any help and advice!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #150416 by Gordon

GretaWS wrote: Please advise me if you can help!

I am helping a friend who came to me asking for help with their PIP appeal. I didn't help them with their initial claim and from looking at a copy of their form I don't think they did a very good job of filling it in.

They missed out what I think are some of their key limitations and then went on to say different but also not entirely representative things at their Capita assessment.

Is it possible to rectify this now so they can be awarded the correct rates at the appeal? Can we send in a submission explaining the difficulties they experience which were not explained on the claim form?

Thanks so much for any help and advice!

Yes they can but they will need to also explain why these matters were not raised earlier, this may be as simple as them not understanding the form and the obtuse questioning by the assessor, but it is a matter that needs to be covered.

Their primary goal is to show that they meet the criteria for an award, only when this is done should they turn their attention to any discrepancies that there might be in the assessment report, where possible argue against the facts rather than the opinions of the assessor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #150429 by GretaWS
Thanks so much for your advice and for responding so quickly, that really clears things up.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.