× Members

PIP Query... After assessment

• Diane
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #141788 by Diane
PIP Query... After assessment was created by Diane
Hi,
I received the dreaded brown envelope yesterday - i have an indefinite DLA award of middle rate care and higher mobility, i have Behcets disease, fibromyalgia and osteoporosis and now STRESS courtesy of DWP! I have experienced a tribunal (which we won!!) 7 years ago and its not something i would like to repeat. Whilst i expected the letter it still came as a shock and i haven't slept a wink :-(
I wondered if anyone could advise on whether it will be Atos or Capita who assess me, i am in Stoke on trent so would appreciate and welcome any advice you can offer. Also once i have made my initial phone call how long will i have to return the forms? No doubt my condition will be flaring by the weekend!!

Thank you all in advance

Maudy x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141804 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Query... After assessment
Diane

Have a look at the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=105719#141797

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Diane
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #142483 by Diane
Replied by Diane on topic PIP Query... After assessment
Thank you Gordon,
It looks like I fall under Capita in my area, I don't know if that's bad or worse! I'm hoping to make the first phone call tomorrow and have printed off the example PIP1 form but there's a few things I'm unsure of. The form seems to indicate that I need to submit reports/evidence with it... Section 'about disability living allowance' - is that correct? I expected to submit it when completing the main form...
There's also the question which asks if I want them to use the medical evidence from my DLA claim - is there any benefit to this at all?
I'm absolutely besides myself about the whole process - although I knew it would happen eventually the thought of having to explain the difficulties of every day life to
Someone who won't have a clue just terrifies me.
Thank you for your help so far - it's much appreciated
Maudy

More
8 years 6 months ago #142492 by Gordon
Diane

Only you can decide whether it would be useful to use your DLA evidence for this claim (see below), things to consider are how old it is, whether it is relevant to your problems as they are now, does it address the PIP criteria.

Even if you do ask them to use it, it may no longer be available, the DWP regularly destroy old paper documents and if it is, they may not look at it.

Whether you do or don't use this information we recommend that you treat this as a completely new claim and provide any and all evidence that you believe is relevant, even if that information has already been provided as part of your DLA claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Diane
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #149785 by Diane
Replied by Diane on topic PIP Query... After assessment
Hi all,
I'm devastated to receive my assessment appointment for next week, I really hoped I'd included enough evidence. I'm in a total state of panic as I type, crying, stomach churning - I know these aren't reasonable people and I'm so worried about going to be basically on trial for someone who knows nothing whatsoever about my medical needs. Can anyone tell me what to expect?
This week is going to be horrific.
Thank you all xx

More
8 years 3 months ago #149795 by Gordon

Diane wrote: Hi all,
I'm devastated to receive my assessment appointment for next week, I really hoped I'd included enough evidence. I'm in a total state of panic as I type, crying, stomach churning - I know these aren't reasonable people and I'm so worried about going to be basically on trial for someone who knows nothing whatsoever about my medical needs. Can anyone tell me what to expect?
This week is going to be horrific.
Thank you all xx

There's a section at the back of the PIP Claim guide that explains what happens at an assessment and has a list of the questions you are likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.