× Members

PIP form

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150842 by Dorothy James
PIP form was created by Dorothy James
I have just received the dreaded form to apply to transfer from DLA to PIP. As usual, I have sought guidance from your site. Unfortunately, the form I received yesterday differs a lot from the questions on your January 2016 guide. I would be grateful for any advice and in particular what the points given for the questions on my form.
As a matter of interest, the form is dated 2nd February but I only received it yesterday (12th). I did complain about the lack of time to complete it and they have extended submission date by 2 weeks.

DJ
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150865 by
Replied by on topic PIP form

DJ wrote: I have just received the dreaded form to apply to transfer from DLA to PIP. As usual, I have sought guidance from your site. Unfortunately, the form I received yesterday differs a lot from the questions on your January 2016 guide. I would be grateful for any advice and in particular what the points given for the questions on my form.
As a matter of interest, the form is dated 2nd February but I only received it yesterday (12th). I did complain about the lack of time to complete it and they have extended submission date by 2 weeks.

DJ

Hi DJ,

"I am not with you" !

Is it a PIP 2 Form that you have received, like this Specimen below ? :

Specimen PIP 2 "How your Disability affects You" Form.

If you look at our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

It explains how the points scoring system works etc, and from page 21 onwards it goes through the PIP 2, question by question, explaining how to approach and respond to each question.

If you read through the Index at the start of the Guide it indicates which pages of the Guide are applicable to the different aspects.

See also :

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 2 months ago #151089 by Dorothy James
Replied by Dorothy James on topic PIP form
Many thanks for that. Things are a bit clearer except for Q14. Does a person count as an aid when the claimant cannot grip aids eg walking stick or crutches due to Rheumatoid arthritis in hands and wrists.

Thanks
DJ

More
8 years 2 months ago #151132 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP form

DJ wrote: Many thanks for that. Things are a bit clearer except for Q14. Does a person count as an aid when the claimant cannot grip aids eg walking stick or crutches due to Rheumatoid arthritis in hands and wrists.

Thanks
DJ

The definition for an “aid or appliance”-

(a) means any device which improves, provides or replaces your impaired physical or mental function; and
(b) includes a prosthesis.

As the word "device" is used I cannot see how a person can be considered as aid or appliance".

For question 14 the word used is "aided" this has it's own definition

“Aided” means with –
(a) the use of an aid or appliance; or
(b) supervision, prompting or assistance.

As you can see (b) would be functions that someone else could provide. The requirement for "assistance" is gone into more detail in the PIP Claim guide in the section for question 14.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.