× Members

heard appeal DLA2PIP motability, loses £2000?

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151300 by GayleValentine
heard appeal DLA2PIP motability, loses £2000? was created by GayleValentine
Hi everyone!

My ex has just gone thru DLA to PIP transfer, this was done via telephone, he was asked if info from DLA form is still same & did NOT complete full PIP application. Had face to face with ATOS & yesterday has gone from enchanced Mobility to 4 points! Thing is, he's heard somewhere that if he decides to appeal (which I think he should), & he fails the appeal, he will LOSE the up to £2000 towards a second hand car? He has to give the car he has back within 21 days of the letter date.

Personally I feel this is utterly ridiculous! Can anyone help us please? We're not sure which department we can ask, and if they would be honest :( :(
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151318 by slugsta
Hi Gayle and welcome to the forum. This link should help you find your way around this site.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry that your ex is going through this :( and somewhat surprised that he was not sent a PIP2 form to complete after the initial details were taken over the phone. This might be in your favour if you have to go as far as an appeal.

I'm afraid the motability vehicle will be taken back, even if a Mandatory Reconsideration is requested. I believe that a pro-rata payment will be made in respect of any down payment made. The money towards another car is administered directly via Motability, this organisation is a charity and not connected with DWP in any way. I think the only conditions are that the original contract with Motability must have been taken out before the change to PIP was announced but their website might give more details.

Advice regarding the Mandatory Reconsideration process can be found towards the back of our PIP guide.

PIP help for claimants

Please bookmark/favourite this topic on your web browser so that you can find it easily in future. Then post any further questions relating to your ex's PIP/Motability vehicle in reply to this message and everything will be kept in one place. thank you for your co-operation :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151364 by GayleValentine
Replied by GayleValentine on topic heard appeal DLA2PIP motability, loses £2000?
Hi Mrs Hurtyback,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I love this site & found it invaluable for my own PIP claim which incidentally have gone through 2 atos interviews (at home) & both times awarded enhanced Mobility & daily living :)

Re my ex.. So as far as appealing is concerned? The charity that is run via motability won't have any impact on whether he appeals or not? I just wonder that if he appealed & won, then he wouldn't 'need' the charity money towards a car? Obviously he needs a car as soon as possible and as you say, has to return his motability car regardless of how he proceeds. I think if he knew that the charity had absolutely NO impact on whether he appeals or not, then he'd go for it but \I do understand his worry that if he appealed and then failed, he'd lose out twice.

Thanks again from one very hurtyback to another :(
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151387 by bro58

GayleV wrote: Hi Mrs Hurtyback,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I love this site & found it invaluable for my own PIP claim which incidentally have gone through 2 atos interviews (at home) & both times awarded enhanced Mobility & daily living :)

Re my ex.. So as far as appealing is concerned? The charity that is run via motability won't have any impact on whether he appeals or not? I just wonder that if he appealed & won, then he wouldn't 'need' the charity money towards a car? Obviously he needs a car as soon as possible and as you say, has to return his motability car regardless of how he proceeds. I think if he knew that the charity had absolutely NO impact on whether he appeals or not, then he'd go for it but \I do understand his worry that if he appealed and then failed, he'd lose out twice.

Thanks again from one very hurtyback to another :(

Hi GV,

Yes, if he fails to gain an Enhanced Mobility PIP Award on transfer from DLA he will have to return his Lease Vehicle to Motability irrespective of whether he requests an MR/Appeal of the adverse PIP decision or not.

As The DLA to PIP Transitional support package is run wholly by Motability : (Further details : Here ), you would need to contact them with any queries regarding the scenario that you pose !

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.