× Members

DLA to PIP

More
8 years 2 months ago #151366 by Luckey77
DLA to PIP was created by Luckey77
Could someone please advise me,I'm new to this forum. On the original telephone assessment for PIP from DLA, I was asked the usual questions and also which benefits I was receiving at the moment.I stated that I was in the Support Group of ESA and Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit 75%( a lifetime award. ) What I would like to know is that do I need to put this information on my claim form and also would this information be taken in to consideration in making a decision.Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151369 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA to PIP

Luckey77 wrote: Could someone please advise me,I'm new to this forum. On the original telephone assessment for PIP from DLA, I was asked the usual questions and also which benefits I was receiving at the moment.I stated that I was in the Support Group of ESA and Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit 75%( a lifetime award. ) What I would like to know is that do I need to put this information on my claim form and also would this information be taken in to consideration in making a decision.Thank you

Hi L77,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

The initial PIP phone call is only to instigate your transfer to PIP and they will have filled in a PIP 1 Form in for you over the phone.

You should now receive a PIP 2 Form (How your Disability Affects You Questionnaire) through the post which must be filled in and returned by the deadline date given in the accompanying letter.

You can contact PIP and request a 2 week extension to the deadline date if you are struggling to fill it in and return it by then.

Although being in receipt of DLA, ESA in The SG and IIDB will be a good indication that you suffer with long term chronic medical conditions, the qualifying criteria for PIP is totally different.

PIP is awarded by you scoring the required number of points as a result of the limitations that you suffer due to your medical conditions, rather than for the medical conditions themselves.

My best suggestion would be to first read through the information from the blue links below, then come back to us by replying to this topic if/when you have any further queries :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152669 by Luckey77
Replied by Luckey77 on topic DLA to PIP
I returned my form for PIP which was signed for on the 24th February,I have now received a letter from Capita dated the 25th February stating that they've received my application and are looking into it.What I would like to know is that is this the normal procedure to be notified so soon ( within a day of receiving the application). Would be grateful for any information regarding this.
Thank you

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #152705 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA to PIP

Luckey77 wrote: I returned my form for PIP which was signed for on the 24th February,I have now received a letter from Capita dated the 25th February stating that they've received my application and are looking into it.What I would like to know is that is this the normal procedure to be notified so soon ( within a day of receiving the application). Would be grateful for any information regarding this.
Thank you

Hi L77,

Not "normal" but the letter is simply what it says, and we have noticed a slowing down of the PIP Assessment process since the New Year !!

bro58

More
7 years 11 months ago #157989 by Luckey77
Replied by Luckey77 on topic DLA to PIP
To today's date I have had 3 home appointments for PIP cancelled by Capita.,they obviously felt that I should be assessed at my home address due to my complex medical conditions.On the cancellation for the third appointment I was telephoned and told that I would be telephoned to rearrange another appointment which would suit me,as they had made the cancellation. I did not receive any telephone calls from them.
A week later I received a letter from Capita with an appointment for a face to face assessment at a centre. I telephoned Capita and explained the situation,the lady I spoke to couldn't understand how a new appointment had been arranged without discussing it with me.I stated that I was concerned as I hadn't cancelled any appointments and that Capita had already cancelled three appointments.I was given the option to cancel the appointment which I did and I repeatedly confirmed that I shouldn't be penalised for cancelling,as I hadn't requested the appointment.
I'm now waiting to hear back from Capita to see what they will do next. I'm not sure as to what I should do next,maybe I should telephone the DWP to see what's happening.
Has anyone else had the same problem.any advice would be gratefully accepted.

More
7 years 11 months ago #157990 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Luckey

I wouldn't bother contacting the DWP about the cancelled appointments, the responsibility lies wholly with Capita and as it appears to be a resourcing issue they are unlikely to interfere, although I would write to them to let them know what has been happening to ensure that there is no "confusion" over who has cancelled the appointments.

Would a short notice appointment work for you? it would require you to be available to take the call.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.