× Members

Planning and following

More
8 years 4 months ago #145938 by little effie
Replied by little effie on topic Planning and following
Just thought I would add concerning how far in what time.
Having recently received an assessment letter to attend a centre some miles away included were a few varying journey suggestions by bus. Within these it states distances to bus stops and to centre from bus stop and the times it will take to walk the distances. According to them you can walk 99' in 1 min also 369' in 1 minute and 0.2 miles in 1 minute plus many other distance/time calculations which if you travel any one of their journey suggestions mean you can easily walk between 3 and 4 miles an hour for 21 to 28 minutes and stand at bus stops for 33minutes from their written calculations. So if you struggle and follow one of these and let them know in assessment which one you followed all they have to do is send copy of route to decisions maker with distance /times and you can see why no mobility award. Luckily I am now getting home assessment but to others who receive these journey guides take time to see exactly what they are suggesting regarding how far in how little time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151550 by Bryando
Replied by Bryando on topic Planning and following
Hi,

What is the current situation on planning and following criteria? Been reading conflicting things regarding the recent Jacob decision.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151579 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Planning and following

Charlie123 wrote: Hi,

What is the current situation on planning and following criteria? Been reading conflicting things regarding the recent Jacob decision.

Hi C123,

Nothing has "changed" as such you should still pose the same arguments !!

There has been a more recent ruling on this in : 2015 UKUT 694 AAC , where Judge Ward has come down in favour of Jacobs rather than Agnew, as covered : Here.

I notice that you have previous PIP topics which I will merge with this one for continuity.

You have queries in another member's topic : Here

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152748 by Bryando
Replied by Bryando on topic Planning and following
I have written to my consultant asking to confirm my diagnoses and he obliged . However failed to comment on it causes me problems in my daily life. So only a sentence stating the name of what I have.

Seems to be a problem getting any support showing how things impact on my life. Will this create issues? My GP said he does DWP stuff every day. He gets asked how things impact and he says he would not know as does not live with the person- fair enough!

So what if the person only has prove of what they suffer from? Will the DWP be able to take from that the known impact such a illness has?

Thanks.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152773 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Planning and following
Charlie

Whilst I hate the phrase this is all about painting a consistent picture of how you are affected by your conditions, taking an example often by assessors, if you say that you can drive then it is reasonable to assume that you have good concentration, that your eyesight is OK, that you have reasonable dexterity to hold the steering wheel and that you can hold your arms up for long periods of time, that you can sit, move your feet and that you can plan and follow a route.

Obviously these are all potentially negative, you need to look at the activities that you have problems with and paint a similar picture, but from your perspective and based on your conditions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.