× Members

Pip supporting evidence

• gem87
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #151635 by gem87
Pip supporting evidence was created by gem87
Hi everyone, what sort of supporting evidence can you send with your form?

Also will your claim be less likely to be approved if you send no evidence?

I'm disabled and have a medical illness but I don't really have any evidence from the doctors to do with my disability.

Should I ask my doctor for some information?

Any help greatly appreciated
Gemma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151636 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Pip supporting evidence
Hi Gem87

Medical evidence can consist of many things; written evidence from your GP or consultant; from your Physio or Occupational Therapist. If you use alternative means of treatment - acupuncture, osteopathy, etc written evidence to support your claim can come from them also.

If you have someone who helps you to look after yourself - a family member, or friend, they could provide a diary explaining just what help you need and what help they give you.

If you keep a diary yourself, giving details of the ways in which your illness causes you issues with day to day living - dressing, washing, feeding yourself - anything and everything that interferes with your normal every day activities - can be considered to be supportive evidence.

Look at the descriptors on the form you are filling in; look at the guides on the forum, and go from there.

I think it's in your own best interest to send some evidence; unless you explain how your illness affects you, you can't really expect the decision maker to reach a favourable conclusion! Good luck.

• gem87
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152158 by gem87
Replied by gem87 on topic Pip supporting evidence
Hi guys I'm in the process of requesting my medical evidence. It says that it comes on a CD,, does this matter or should I ask for paper copies x
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152182 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip supporting evidence
Hi Gem,

I have added your query to the topic you already have relating to your PIP claim. It helps us hugely if everything relating to one subject is kept in the same place. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now. Thank you in advance for your co-operation in this matter :)

I wouldn't expect the assessor to read information on the CD, although I might be wrong. Whether CD or paper, please don't simply submit the whole of your medical records. You will do far better if you sort through and only send what is relevant to your claim - that would include verification of your condition/s and anything that supports what you have reported in the way of limitations in response to the questions on the PIP2 form.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

• gem87
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #152535 by gem87
Replied by gem87 on topic Pip supporting evidence
Hi guys...

I am soon to be applying for PIP. I see a lot of people are raving about this site.

Is there anything that would help me to get awarded or help to go from standard to enhanced.

I've been reading some of guides and printed one but any other info would be greatly received.

Thanks

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152542 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip supporting evidence
Hi gem,

Again, I have merged your PIP topics to keep everything in one place. I hope this will make things easier for you, it certainly does for us. Please read this topic for further information.

The best help we can give in completing the PIP form is in the guides. These have been painstakingly formatted to help claimants present their claim in terms that DWP understand and which clearly correspond with the descriptors. I suggest you do a bit at a time, with the guide open in front of you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.