× Members

Annual ESA uprating letter query

More
8 years 2 months ago #152052 by Porridge
Annual ESA uprating letter query was created by Porridge
I had to renew claim for ESA and posted it five weeks ago. Today I got a standard-looking letter from the area DWP office. It looks almost identical to the usual "From April ... The rates for Social Security benefits will change". However, this one says "We have looked at your claim folowing a recent change.

"From 11 April 2016 the rates of some Social Security benefits may change........
"..................
" This is because of

"a decision on your capability for work. You have been placed in the Support Group."

So what I would like to know, does this mean that they have reached a decision on my claim, or is it just some sort of standard letter which just happened to coincide with the period between them receiving my claim and me receiving a decision on it? In the past, I have always received an ES72, but not this time.

Thank you for any insight! :unsure:

“There isn’t anyone who doesn’t appreciate kindness and compassion.” – Dalai Lama

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152069 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Annual ESA uprating letter query
Porridge

The best thing for you to do is to phone the DWP and ask.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.