× Members

PIP and ESA (support group)

More
8 years 2 months ago #152179 by Black Dahlia
PIP and ESA (support group) was created by Black Dahlia
I am about to apply for PIP to replace my DLA.
What will happen to my ESA (support group) if my claim to PIP fails?
I am a single woman of 60 living in a Council flat in Scotland.
I have no partner or family to help or support me.
I have anxiety and depression and either Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,(no firm diagnosis as such yet) osteoathritis throughout my spine and hands and hips, I am often suicidal and feel that this application for PIP after 11 years of an indefinite award of DLA will really be the end of me.
I cannot envisage going back to work, plus who would employ me. I have Science degrees but I haven't worked in a laboratory in 15 years.

Will I have to apply for JSA? As my National insurance payments are minimal I feel sure I would not qualify for contributions based JSA. Advice please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152221 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and ESA (support group)

Black Dahlia wrote: I am about to apply for PIP to replace my DLA.
What will happen to my ESA (support group) if my claim to PIP fails?
I am a single woman of 60 living in a Council flat in Scotland.
I have no partner or family to help or support me.
I have anxiety and depression and either Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,(no firm diagnosis as such yet) osteoathritis throughout my spine and hands and hips, I am often suicidal and feel that this application for PIP after 11 years of an indefinite award of DLA will really be the end of me.
I cannot envisage going back to work, plus who would employ me. I have Science degrees but I haven't worked in a laboratory in 15 years.

Will I have to apply for JSA? As my National insurance payments are minimal I feel sure I would not qualify for contributions based JSA. Advice please.

ESA and PIP are separate benefits, although there are overlaps in the criteria there are also considerable differences, we have seen reports from one benefit used to award the other, we are not aware of a failure on one benefit being used to re-assess another.

I can't give you a 100% guarantee, but even if your ESA was called in to question they would still have to re-assess you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: baden87

More
8 years 2 months ago #152424 by Black Dahlia
Replied by Black Dahlia on topic PIP and ESA (support group)
Not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying that my being in the support group for ESA might help my PIP application in some way?
If I lose my PIP, and I dont win on MR or Appeal, will I then have to apply for Incapacity benefit, and if so what does that entail?

More
8 years 2 months ago #152441 by Gordon

Black Dahlia wrote: Not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying that my being in the support group for ESA might help my PIP application in some way?
If I lose my PIP, and I dont win on MR or Appeal, will I then have to apply for Incapacity benefit, and if so what does that entail?

I was trying to answer your questions :)

To try again

We're not aware of an ESA award being affected by a failed PIP claim.

If you don't receive a PIP award then you have two options;

- you can challenge the Decision, we have guides that can help you.

- you can make a new claim for PIP.

Incapacity Benefit is no longer available.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Dahlia

More
8 years 23 hours ago #158070 by Black Dahlia
Replied by Black Dahlia on topic PIP and ESA (support group)
If my application for PIP fails, will I automatically be moved from my current Support group for ESA and into WRA group?

I have recieived a date for my PIP assessment in town, after sending in a GP
Letter that states I would have great difficulty in attending a face to face interview, and that I am suicidal with anxiety over the whole sorry business. However Atos have ignored this as well as the rest of my form, evidently as well as all my medical evidence sent in.

I ask about the ESA as I fear I will be losing my DLA and fai!ing PIP. I therefore need to know what will be left for me to live on as I have no one to support me .

More
8 years 10 hours ago #158102 by Gordon

Black Dahlia wrote: If my application for PIP fails, will I automatically be moved from my current Support group for ESA and into WRA group?

I have recieived a date for my PIP assessment in town, after sending in a GP
Letter that states I would have great difficulty in attending a face to face interview, and that I am suicidal with anxiety over the whole sorry business. However Atos have ignored this as well as the rest of my form, evidently as well as all my medical evidence sent in.

I ask about the ESA as I fear I will be losing my DLA and fai!ing PIP. I therefore need to know what will be left for me to live on as I have no one to support me .

We've not heard of a single instance where an adverse PIP Decision has even resulted in an ESA reassessment, let alone a loss of the benefit, so I would not worry about this.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.