× Members

WRAG to support group

More
8 years 1 month ago #152243 by paul235
WRAG to support group was created by paul235
hi, im new to this site and to forums in general to start ! :)

im currently in the WRAG with anxiety and depression. in short its getting ontop of me and i think i should be in the support group. im becoming increasingly agitated and agressive from my medication also suffering bad paranoia.
what does it take to get put into the support group from the WRAG?
has anyone had any experiences with this ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152246 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic WRAG to support group
Hi Paul and welcome to the site. This link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

If you can show that your condition has worsened since the decision to allocate you to the WRAG , you can contact DWP and ask them for a supersession. This would trigger a reassessment, with a ESA50 to fill in again and possibly a face2face appointment. It is possible for any such reassessment to find you fit for work, to allocate you to WRAG again or to put you into the Support Group.

In order to be put into the Support Group you must meet at least one of the qualifying criteria, including the 'Exceptional Circumstances' one.

Qualifying for the Support Group

As you are asking for a supersession, you will have to provide evidence of your worsening condition. If you hope to qualify under the 'Exceptional Circumstances' rule the onus will be on you to show 1) that you have a specific condition 2) to explain how and why it would put you, or someone else, at risk if you were expected to carry out any form of 'work related activities' 3) that there are no reasonable adjustments that could be made to enable you to carry out such activities. This is all explained clearly in our ESA guide.

ESA claims and appeals

If you were to decide not to request a supersession at this time, there is always the possibility that you will be placed in the Support Group at a future routine reassessment. These had been suspended for several years due to backlogs in the system but recommenced at the end of last year.

How often will I be reviewed

If/when you have further questions about your ESA claim, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. It does make things very much easier for us if everything related to one subject is kept in one place. You will find this topic easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now.Thank you in advance for your co-operation in this matter :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.