× Members

PIP application

More
8 years 1 month ago #152265 by 1048claire
PIP application was created by 1048claire
I'm a 67 years old widow, but still working. I've been receiving DLA since 1999 (Personal care at the lower rate, and Mobility at the higher rate), as I have arthritis in m hands, hips, spine and feet, which is getting progressively worse.
In January I was told that I had to now claim PIP, which I have done
I followed your guide to completing the PIP claim pack (I included corroborated evidence from my G.P, my employer, and members of my family who do tasks for me that I am unable to do. I even included some photographs of my arthritic hands)
I received a phone call this morning from a PIP 'assessor', who asked me a few questions regarding my depression (which I had only mentioned in my list of medications, and didn't go into in depth in my claim pack, as that isn't the reason for my disability). She seemed very nice, and asked would I mind if she added the info about my depression to my claim, which I agreed to. When I asked her when I would have to go for my 'medical' she told me that I wouldn't need to, as she was going to write up her report now, and send it off to the DWP, and I would hear from them in 4 - 5 weeks.
Now I'm worrying that I will be refused PIP, as I thought that everyone had to go for a face-to-face medical before a decision could be made?
Any advice please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152289 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP application
Claire

PIP assessments can be done on paper (no contact at all), over the phone or as a face to face interview. Although assessments where the claimant is not seen are in the minority it certainly does not mean that this is only done where the claimant has no chance of an award.

The recommendation will depend on how detailed your PIP2 was, what evidence you supplied and to a lesser extent, what your conditions are. We have had members who have received an Enhanced award for both components without a face to face.

It usually takes 2-4 weeks for a Decision to be made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #152390 by 1048claire
Replied by 1048claire on topic PIP application
Thanks Gordon. It's just a case of wait and see now. My PIP form was very detailed. I followed the guide from this web site, and used the word 'reliably' quite frequently as you advised. Also, as you advised, I got letters from my G.P., my employer, and family members who know how my condition affects me. Thanks for your guidance. It definitely helped me complete the form. So fingers crossed for a favourable outcome.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.