× Members

PIP form

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152339 by JamesC
PIP form was created by JamesC
Hi i have recently re-applied for PIP after receiving 0 points for both care and mobility. I am unable to go through to do the tribunal as I am unable to handle the pressure and don't think it would make a difference to the decision that was originally made. I received the same amount of points from the mandatory reconsideration despite sending in evidence and a letter of which bits i disputed in the report. I have downloaded the guides and followed them as carefully as I can this time round. I was wondering how I would go about getting an home assessment as I have mental health problems and suffer from fibromyalgia and lower back pain.
Any help would be grateful
Thank you.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152358 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP form
Hi James,

Home assessments can be carried out at the discretion of the Assessment Provider. You should submit your request in writing and you stand a much better chance of success if you back this up with a letter of support from your GP or psychiatrist.

Please reply to this message if you have further questions or comments in relation to this PIP claim. It makes our lives much easier if everything relating to one topic is kept in one place. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now. Thank you in advance for your co-operation in this matter :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta. Reason: typo

More
8 years 1 month ago #152488 by JamesC
Replied by JamesC on topic PIP form
Thank you for your reply. I have written up a letter and contacted my Gp and psychiatrist they have both agreed to write letters to support my claim but I don't think I will get them before the deadline is there a way I can send the letters after I've sent my claim form or would I be better off waiting for my assessment and handing them in then? I also doubt that I would get the letters supporting why I should have a home visit before the deadline of having to send back the claim form

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #152492 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP form

JamesC wrote: Thank you for your reply. I have written up a letter and contacted my Gp and psychiatrist they have both agreed to write letters to support my claim but I don't think I will get them before the deadline is there a way I can send the letters after I've sent my claim form or would I be better off waiting for my assessment and handing them in then? I also doubt that I would get the letters supporting why I should have a home visit before the deadline of having to send back the claim form

Hi JC,

Firstly, you could ring PIP and ask for an extension to the return deadline date !

Failing that, you should ensure that your PIP 2 is returned by the deadline date.

If you have further evidence that has not arrived with you by then, keep a note of The PIP 2 return address, put a letter in with The PIP 2 stating that you are awaiting further evidence and will forward it to them as soon as you have it, then when you have it, send it to the same address ASAP with another covering letter stating that you wish this evidence to be taken into account with your PIP 2.

If it turns out that you have to take part in a F2F take copy of the evidence with you and hand it to The Assessor before the F2F begins.

You could also post copy : FAO : The PIP Case Manager. (DM) at the address of The Benefits Office/Centre on your most recent PIP letter.

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

More
7 years 9 months ago #162174 by JamesC
Replied by JamesC on topic PIP form
Hi I've recently put in for a mandatory reconsideration which I was not awarded. I have decided to go through with the appeal process and was wondering if there's anything I need when I go and how's best to fill out the tribunal form
Thank you

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162179 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP form
Hi James,

I'm sorry that the MR did not find in your favour. However, I'm not surprised as it is quite rare that this does anything other than 'rubber stamp' the original decision.

The appeal process is explained in the PIP guide

PIP help for claimants

In addition, these links might also be helpful - (the first one talks about ESa but the procerss is the same)

Appeal FAQs

Appearing before a tribunal

Please reply to this message if you have further questions/comments about your appeal and we will do our best to help.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.