× Members

Personal Independance Payment Annual Advice Letter

More
8 years 1 month ago #152519 by higgins
I would like to make people aware, just in case they misinterpret the meaning of it, that a letter recently sent out to everyone on PIP stating your entitlement does not mean that if you are meant to be filling out a review form that you no longer need to send it in.

It may be just me not being bright, but I am due to send in a form (I am in reciept of PIP) that is to confirm I am still entitled to recieve PIP (which was originally awarded until next year). I recieved a letter (before sending in the form) stating myentitlement until next year. The way the form reads suggests all is well and as the word 'reviewed' in in it, I assumed that meant they had reviewed it despite not recieivng the form and had continued to award me PIP; as that is the impression given from the letter.

Fortunately instead of just assuming, I phoned and after asking specific questions found it is a letter sent to everyone and I still have to complete and send the form or PIP would be stopped.

I am sure anyone out there who is due to complete and send a form to continue to recieve PIP would still do it despite recieiving this letter (which I understand we have all recieived) but for those of you like me who thought it meant you didn't need to, I wanted to let you know you do still need to.

Hope that makes sense as I am not always the most articulate person.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152520 by slugsta
Hi higgins and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Yes, the dear old DWP has never been known for the clarity of communication and the annual uprating letter (which is what you received) can be mistaken for an award letter, especially if a review is due or underway :(

At the moment DWP are instigating PIP reviews a full year before the award is due to end, supposedly to take into account the slowness of the system! I suggest you have a good look at our PIP guides now, so that you are well prepared when the reassessment forms arrive. You should treat this as you did your first claim, do not assume that DWP have any prior knowledge of you or your claim.

PIP help for claimants

If you have further questions regarding your PIP claim, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. It makes our life very much easier if everything relating to one subject is kept in the same place. Thank you in advance for your co-operation in this matter :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: higgins

More
8 years 1 month ago #152564 by higgins
Thank you for the links, I will go through them with my son, they look very helpful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.