× Members

pip re-assesment

More
8 years 2 months ago #150873 by rob
reclaiming pip was created by rob
hi all yesterday i got a letter from dwp to re-apply for pip the trauma of being treat like scum throughout the last process of applying.is still vivid in my mind i eventually won my case at tribunal but the thought of reliving that process again has already put me on a downer has anyone else had to re-apply? and is the process the same? would like to know. thanks rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150882 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic reclaiming pip

rob wrote: hi all yesterday i got a letter from dwp to re-apply for pip the trauma of being treat like scum throughout the last process of applying.is still vivid in my mind i eventually won my case at tribunal but the thought of reliving that process again has already put me on a downer has anyone else had to re-apply? and is the process the same? would like to know. thanks rob

Hi r,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

It is not a "re-claim" as such, it is more a review of your current PIP Awards.

I am afraid that it is the norm to receive your PIP review/renewal forms around 12 months before the end date of your current award.

See This Topic

Many members have !

You should be aware that any decision made as a result of your PIP review, which could include the same award, a greater award, a lesser award or no award at all, will take affect from the date of the review decision rather than from the end date of your existing fixed term PIP award !!

You should therefore treat this as if it was your first assessment.

See the following :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

Good luck and let us know how things pan-out !!

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152586 by rob
Replied by rob on topic pip re-assesment
hi all could anyone tell me the procedure regarding pip re assesment. do the dwp take into account all the rigmarole i had to go through to get it in the first place or do i have to go through it all again sending paper work going to medicals the stress of the tribunals..surely they will have all this recorded on thier files. it took me 15months to get pip last time my tribunal was 8months ago should they take all this into account i would like to know if anyone can helpme in that thought as i have to fill my new claim in before 16th march thankyou rob

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152614 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip re-assesment

rob wrote: hi all could anyone tell me the procedure regarding pip re assesment. do the dwp take into account all the rigmarole i had to go through to get it in the first place or do i have to go through it all again sending paper work going to medicals the stress of the tribunals..surely they will have all this recorded on thier files. it took me 15months to get pip last time my tribunal was 8months ago should they take all this into account i would like to know if anyone can helpme in that thought as i have to fill my new claim in before 16th march thankyou rob

I've merged your new post with your previous one, it helps everybody if they are all in one place.

I'm afraid each re-assessment/renewal should be treated as if it is a new claim. You need to complete the PIP2 form in detail and provide evidence as you can, even if it has been previously submitted.

although those assessing you may refer to information from your previous claim or appeal, the likelihood is that they will not, which is why we recommend your including everything you think that is important with the claim form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.