× Members

ESA claim

More
6 years 9 months ago #193989 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim

Cruella wrote: So if I do not meet the support group criteria, then I starve! That is very scary, My doctor is expecting me to be placed in the support group but then doctors are not very clued up on ESA criteria, and I assume assessors do not take much notice of a doctor saying this?

I cannot emphasise enough that ESA awards are made because the claimants has shown that they meet the criteria.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193993 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic ESA claim
Well as I am not suicidal, then do you think it still a good idea for me to send an extra letter explaining why I would find attending a job centre and doing certain tasks impossible. This would not be a substantial risk claim but a further explanation how my health conditions impact on my daily life. As I said before I have already sent the ESA50 form but I need the assessors to realise how limited I am

More
6 years 9 months ago #193994 by Gordon

Cruella wrote: Well as I am not suicidal, then do you think it still a good idea for me to send an extra letter explaining why I would find attending a job centre and doing certain tasks impossible. This would not be a substantial risk claim but a further explanation how my health conditions impact on my daily life. As I said before I have already sent the ESA50 form but I need the assessors to realise how limited I am

If you think that it would be supportive of your showing how you have problems with the ESA activities then yes, I would send the extra information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #194095 by Perdita
I rang the Centre of Health and Disability Assessment today to ensure they had received my ESA50 form. They said they got it on 21st and have returned it to DWP because it was late. I sent it special delivery, on the 18th. The letters said to return it by 18th. I tried returning it on 17th but (was late to post office cos of my health probs) and also really annoyingly there was a queue in the post office and by the time we got to the cashier she said the post man had been literally a minute before and it was too late to do special delivery for next day. Anyway I decided to write on the form sent special delivery 18th plus in the 'is your form late' box I ticked yes and no because I was not sure if 'send form back by 18th ' could mean put in post by 18th. So it was posted 18th for next day delivery of 19th. So I dont know why it is down as received 21st. Anyway Centre of Health and Disability Assessment advised me to ring benefit centre and ask for a DM call back, I did this but the benefits centre advisor refused to arrange a call back for me. She said the DM will decide whether to keep my claim /case open or not and there is nothing I can do. Can I do anything?

More
6 years 9 months ago #194105 by Gordon
Cruella

Contact the DWP, but it should not be a problem the important thing is that the form was received, normal procedure is to accept the late delivery and continue with the assessment process.

Gordon

More
6 years 9 months ago #194109 by Perdita
What should I say to the DWP ? They did not want to know earlier.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.