× Members

ESA claim

More
6 years 9 months ago #193194 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic ESA claim
Thank you Mosala, I read through your entries and added mine under yours. Got a bit confused whether I should be writing under yours or mine!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193198 by Perdita
Hi, my deadline for ESA return is 18th July so I planned to post it next day delivery this weekend (friday or saturday) to ensure it reaches there for the 18th. Today I got a chase up letter from Health Assessment Advisory Service which was fine because it still said get the form back by the 18th. However this chase up letter said to send the form to the address on their letter, which was Wembley, but the pre-paid envelope I received that came with the ESA50 form has Wolverhampton address. Anyway I phoned up the Health Assessment Advisory Service who said ignore the bit on their letter that says to send it to the address on the letter ie Wembley and they told me to send it to the Wolverhampton address on the pre-paid envelope I received originally. So I am thinking how mad is that? Then she went on to say that although all correspondence states get the form back by the 18th that I am too late now! I said surely I can post it special next day delivery friday and it'll reach Wolverhampton by the required date of the 18th. She said no, that I had to send it back ten working days before the 18th for it to be there in time. She said now it is too late because even if I sent it today there are not ten working days before the 18th and my case will very likely be 'returned' ??? Help! If that is the case why do the letters not tell you to post ten working days before the 'due to be back' date? I rang DWP enquiries and he agreed with what The Health Advisory Assessment lady said. Do you think this is right?

More
6 years 9 months ago #193211 by Perdita
Also I do not know where to send my new fit note, the processing has moved from Basildon to Plymouth. Plymouth told me couple of weeks ago to send any correspondence to 'ESA Basildon Post Handling Site B, Wolverhampton WV99 2GQ' but when I checked today with Benefit Enquiries they gave me ESA 25 address which is Plymouth. My recent letter regarding ESA still heads 'ESA Basildon Post Handling Site, Wolverhampton WV00 2GQ. Why is nothing simple? I really do not want to send my fit note to the wrong place. Do you think ESA25 type address is really Wolverhampton too? I mean do you think ESA25 is the equivalent of ESA Plymouth Post Handling Site, Wolverhampton. Would it still get to the right destination even if I pick the wrong one of these two?

More
6 years 9 months ago #193224 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim

Cruella wrote: Do you think this is right?

No it's bo****ks

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
6 years 9 months ago #193226 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim

Cruella wrote: Also I do not know where to send my new fit note, the processing has moved from Basildon to Plymouth. Plymouth told me couple of weeks ago to send any correspondence to 'ESA Basildon Post Handling Site B, Wolverhampton WV99 2GQ' but when I checked today with Benefit Enquiries they gave me ESA 25 address which is Plymouth. My recent letter regarding ESA still heads 'ESA Basildon Post Handling Site, Wolverhampton WV00 2GQ. Why is nothing simple? I really do not want to send my fit note to the wrong place. Do you think ESA25 type address is really Wolverhampton too? I mean do you think ESA25 is the equivalent of ESA Plymouth Post Handling Site, Wolverhampton. Would it still get to the right destination even if I pick the wrong one of these two?

All DWP mail goes via Wolverhampton. Make sure you keep a copy of the Fit Note, I would go with the ESA25 address but I doubt it matters, as the handling of your Fit Note is an admin process, not something that is specific to your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
6 years 9 months ago #193233 by Perdita
:)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.