× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration Notice

More
8 years 1 month ago #152673 by John Bull
Mandatory Reconsideration Notice was created by John Bull
I failed the ESA Assessment. After taking advice from CAB, I rung the offices to tell them that I would like a mandatory reconsideration, and that I would provide more information. (HCP pushed me into the wall to see if I'd save myself, fortunately, my Wife caught me).
Anyway, the phone call was on 26 Feb, I sent paperwork 2nd March. 3rd March I received MRN, dated 29th Feb telling me that they have not changed their decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152697 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Notice
Hi Toni and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The MR often does no more than 'rubber stamp' the original decision, and this is very obvious where the DWP did not wait for further evidence before making the decision. Now that you have the decision you can go ahead with an official appeal. This is explained in our PIP guides

PIP help for claimants

Once your appeal has been accepted you will receive a 'bundle' of paperwork from DWP, once you see the assessors report you will have a better idea of how/why your claim failed and will be able to counter this.

If/when you have further questions/comments about your PIP claim, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. It makes our lives much easier if everything relating to the same subject is kept in one place! You will find it easily in future if you favourite/bookmark it on your web browser now. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.