× Members

DLA HOW TO MOVE FROM LOW CARE TO HIGH CARE

More
8 years 1 month ago #153330 by malcolmdilley
DLA HOW TO MOVE FROM LOW CARE TO HIGH CARE was created by malcolmdilley
My daughter has cerebral palsy, is 41 and has been getting DLA for 21 years. I recently noted that she is getting mobility High rate but care at Low rate. I believe that she would be entitled to Care at the high rate, but am worried that any interference could see her having to switch to PIP and all the stress involved with that process. What would you suggest would be the best way to approach this situation? Would we have to complete a fresh claim form? Thank you in anticipation of any advice offered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153339 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA HOW TO MOVE FROM LOW CARE TO HIGH CARE

Malcolm wrote: My daughter has cerebral palsy, is 41 and has been getting DLA for 21 years. I recently noted that she is getting mobility High rate but care at Low rate. I believe that she would be entitled to Care at the high rate, but am worried that any interference could see her having to switch to PIP and all the stress involved with that process. What would you suggest would be the best way to approach this situation? Would we have to complete a fresh claim form? Thank you in anticipation of any advice offered.

If you are on the UK mainland, then any reported Change of Circumstance in regard to her current award will result in an invitation to claim PIP, once an invitation has been sent then she will not be able to retain her DLA in the long term.

I would start by having a look at the PIP Claim guide, the criteria are fundamentally different to DLA as is the assessment process, for example; HRC and the PIP equivalent, Enhanced Daily Living are awarded for completely different reasons.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any questions about PIP then reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #153359 by malcolmdilley
Replied by malcolmdilley on topic DLA HOW TO MOVE FROM LOW CARE TO HIGH CARE
Thank you for the advice Gordon. We are in N. Ireland so come under different rules presumably. How would that affect this case please?

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153381 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA HOW TO MOVE FROM LOW CARE TO HIGH CARE

Malcolm wrote: Thank you for the advice Gordon. We are in N. Ireland so come under different rules presumably. How would that affect this case please?

Hi M,

If you live in NI, as PIP is not active yet in NI, if you report a Change of Circumstances (C of C) and request a review of her current DLA award, she would be reviewed under DLA qualifying criteria again rather than PIP.

See : DLA Claims & Resources

As you will see, there is also a guide entitled "Changes Of Circumstances For People Claiming Disability Living Allowance" just over a 3rd of the way down the page !

See also : DM Guide DLA & AA

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your DLA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.