× Members

DLA uprating just arrived, but...

More
8 years 1 month ago #153449 by Shemarie
DLA uprating just arrived, but... was created by Shemarie
A brown envelope has just through my door and I nearly keeled over. I am still struggling with the ESA50 that came last week. When I managed to open it and digest it, it was the DLA uprating letter I'd been wondering about, but....dated 26 Feb and it came at 6pm.

Could not figure this out until I saw that they had confused my address by mixing up the door number, building name and street name. God knows where this has been languishing for two weeks. Two things worry me: What if had been something with a deadline? And what about the security/privacy of my personal data?

I feel absolutely nauseous.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153458 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA uprating just arrived, but...
Hi Shemarie,

Is it DWP who have made this mistake or the Post Office? Obviously, if the DWP are at fault they should be contacted with your correct details. You can express your concern about sensitive information being sent to the wrong place - but I wouldn't expect much in the way of a reply!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153495 by Shemarie
Replied by Shemarie on topic DLA uprating just arrived, but...
It was the DWP who mixed up the address bits. All the info is there, but in the wrong order. I won't use the real address here but just to illustrate, they have posted to: Green Gardens, 40 Royal Road, City, Postcode. Should be 40 Green Gardens, Royal Road, City, Postcode. They do have my proper address, though.
It was the 6pm that was weird. I'm checking with the post office, just in case.
In any case, thank God it wasn't something with a tight deadline, and glad it cleared my uprating delay doubts, but wondering if other peoples' delays could be attributed to the same. Big printer system glitch or something, with all that sensitive info flying about randomly en masse... And no, I wouldn 't hold my breathe for a response!

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153527 by slugsta
The 6pm delivery might have been the `person who received it dropping it through your letterbox?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153552 by Shemarie
Replied by Shemarie on topic DLA uprating just arrived, but...
Yes, exactly. The idea that persons unknown now know my name, where I live and what this letter's more or less relating to. The website was clearly visible through the envelope window. Or it may never have got to me at all. Just creeps me out a bit. Post office will get back to me within three working days. So, we'll see.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153555 by slugsta
I can honestly say that, of all the times I have received someone else's post, I have never remembered who they are, where they live or what it might have been about! On the whole, people are far more preoccupied with their own affairs to worry about other people's.

This is not to absolve DWP of responsibility but, hopefully, to allay your fears about other people knowing about your personal business.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.