× Members

Changing over from Dla to pip

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153883 by billybeaver
Changing over from Dla to pip was created by billybeaver
Hi all I'm just waiting for my pip forms to arrive so would you be able to give me some help please with some of the form filling I'm going to need

When I did my esa forms I filled them out on my computer and then added extra sheets with word and sent them in a file , can you do the same with the pip forms or do they not do a online one ? or will I have to fill the pip forms in by hand and then add all extra evidence by word and then attaché it to the form which makes it a lot harder for me as my writing is bad as the esa forms you could fill it in online and just carry on with word so every thing was in order and just continued

Also I'm in esa support group with out medical for 3 years would I be able to photo stat the forms I received with their evidence of how I was put in support and send them as well as they will not no this ,I just wondered as I need all the evidence and help I can get

Also how long will I have to fill the forms in as iv just asked my surgery for my medical reports
And hopefully il get them in time before I have to send my forms back

Any help would be much appreciated
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153900 by
Replied by on topic Changing over from Dla to pip

billybeaver wrote: Hi all I'm just waiting for my pip forms to arrive so would you be able to give me some help please with some of the form filling I'm going to need

When I did my esa forms I filled them out on my computer and then added extra sheets with word and sent them in a file , can you do the same with the pip forms or do they not do a online one ? or will I have to fill the pip forms in by hand and then add all extra evidence by word and then attaché it to the form which makes it a lot harder for me as my writing is bad as the esa forms you could fill it in online and just carry on with word so every thing was in order and just continued

Also I'm in esa support group with out medical for 3 years would I be able to photo stat the forms I received with their evidence of how I was put in support and send them as well as they will not no this ,I just wondered as I need all the evidence and help I can get

Also how long will I have to fill the forms in as iv just asked my surgery for my medical reports
And hopefully il get them in time before I have to send my forms back

Any help would be much appreciated

Hi bb,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

You should read through the following information, then come back to us if you have further queries :

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

PIP Self Test

&

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

I will also try to quickly answer your queries here.

"When I did my esa forms I filled them out on my computer and then added extra sheets with word and sent them in a file , can you do the same with the pip forms or do they not do a online one ? or will I have to fill the pip forms in by hand and then add all extra evidence by word and then attaché it to the form which makes it a lot harder for me as my writing is bad as the esa forms you could fill it in online and just carry on with word so every thing was in order and just continued"

I am afraid that unlike The ESA50 Form, there is no PDF Interactive PIP 2 Form !

This is mainly due to the fact that The PIP 2 Form that you will receive through the post has a unique Barcode on it that directly ties the form to your individual PIP claim.

Therefore, only that PIP 2 can be used.

However, to ease time constraints due to any deadlines given once you start the process, you could download and save the Specimen PIP 2 Form from the link below, and make a start now :

Specimen PIP 2 "How your Disability affects You" Form.

Or

Sample PIP 2 Form.

Remember, the PIP 2 Form that you eventually receive through the post Must be the one returned to The DWP.

There is nothing to stop you now referring to the specimen PIP 2, but typing your responses to the relevant questions on separate A4 sheets.

You should head each separate sheet with your Name, DOB, Date and NI Number and number each separate A4 1 of x, 2 of x, 3 of x, 4 of x, etc, etc, etc.

When you receive the proper PIP 2 through the post, you can simply write in the space provided for each particular question in the form, "See my response on separate added page number, 1 of x, 2 of x, 3 of x, etc, etc." (or words to that affect)

You can then attach the added A4 pages to the back of PIP 2 Form with your Barcode on it that arrived through the post, with Treasury Tags or something similar.

This will save you having to copy over all your responses once you receive the proper PIP 2 Form.

Remember, if you provide enough information with The PIP 2 Form, there may be no need for a face to face assessment.

You should use our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page) whilst filling in the PIP 2 Form.

"Also I'm in esa support group with out medical for 3 years would I be able to photo stat the forms I received with their evidence of how I was put in support and send them as well as they will not no this ,I just wondered as I need all the evidence and help I can get"

You can use evidence from your ESA SG award for your PIP assessment.

However, you would have to tie in the reasons that placed you into The SG with the applicable PIP Descriptor/s under the appropriate PIP Activities.

"Also how long will I have to fill the forms in as iv just asked my surgery for my medical reports"

As you will see from the links posted above, once you receive your initial PIP "Invite" letter, you have 28 days to make the phone call, you will then be sent The PIP 2 Form and have a further 28 days to return that. (You can request a two week extension to fill in and return The PIP 2 if required)

So dependent on how quick you make the initial phone call and return your PIP 2 within the deadlines given, you have the potential of 8-10 weeks from the initial Invite letter to having to return your PIP 2.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

More
8 years 1 month ago #154024 by billybeaver
Replied by billybeaver on topic Changing over from Dla to pip
Thank you bro58 much appreciated

More
8 years 1 month ago #154415 by billybeaver
Hi all I phoned the dla to let them know that I was changing over from dla to pip and had a quite along phone call and they asked me if I wanted them to use my old dla forms from over 20 years ago as evidence I said to the lady that after 20 yrs I didn't think you would still have them and she replied yes and would I give my permission to use them I said yes I would be happy for them to use my old dla forms from 1991 ,I was just wondering do they really keep them that long I was just wondering if any one else had been asked this
Cheers

8 years 1 month ago #154427 by
Replied by on topic Changing over from Dla to pip

billybeaver wrote: Hi all I phoned the dla to let them know that I was changing over from dla to pip and had a quite along phone call and they asked me if I wanted them to use my old dla forms from over 20 years ago as evidence I said to the lady that after 20 yrs I didn't think you would still have them and she replied yes and would I give my permission to use them I said yes I would be happy for them to use my old dla forms from 1991 ,I was just wondering do they really keep them that long I was just wondering if any one else had been asked this
Cheers

Hi bb,

Even if they do still have the DLA forms, it is highly improbable that the information in them will be of much help with your PIP Assessment/Qualification !

The information will be "old", the qualifying criteria for PIP is totally different and you will be assessed as how you are now, not how you were in the past.

This is why we always advise that members obtain their own evidence and include it with The PIP 2 Form.

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago #155463 by billybeaver
Hi all I am hoping for a bit of help regarding the moving about and walking section on my pip forms,
It asks you to tick one of the Boxs about how far can you walk but as I can't walk at all as I'm wheelchair bound do I just leave all the Boxs blank or just write can't walk at all in that place and then write the reasons on the extra information page opposite
I can not understand why theirs not a box to tick saying can't walk at all as that would help
Any help will be much appreciated

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.