× Members

Changing over from Dla to pip

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155470 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Changing over from Dla to pip

billybeaver wrote: Hi all I am hoping for a bit of help regarding the moving about and walking section on my pip forms,
It asks you to tick one of the Boxs about how far can you walk but as I can't walk at all as I'm wheelchair bound do I just leave all the Boxs blank or just write can't walk at all in that place and then write the reasons on the extra information page opposite
I can not understand why theirs not a box to tick saying can't walk at all as that would help
Any help will be much appreciated

Hi bb,

Yes, if you cannot walk at all, leave the tick box options blank, write a comment such as "N/A cannot walk at all, see further information in the text box/on added A4 page", then state why you cannot walk at all and have to use a wheelchair in the text box or on an added A4 page.

If you can't walk at all, and have to use a wheelchair through necessity rather than by choice, you should receive the maximum 12 points giving an Enhanced PIP Mobility Award under the "Moving Around" Activity !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155502 by billybeaver
Replied by billybeaver on topic Changing over from Dla to pip
Ty bro58 that's what I will do then yes I use a electric wheelchair all the time as without it I'd be sitting in the same spot all day lol thanks again for your help il be back again soon as theve got to be sent back by next week
Also the date they have to be back is next Sunday so iv got to send them next Thursday next day delivery so they get their for Friday and I only got them last week so they haven't given me a lot of time to fill them in
Thanks again bb

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #155519 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Changing over from Dla to pip

billybeaver wrote: Ty bro58 that's what I will do then yes I use a electric wheelchair all the time as without it I'd be sitting in the same spot all day lol thanks again for your help il be back again soon as theve got to be sent back by next week
Also the date they have to be back is next Sunday so iv got to send them next Thursday next day delivery so they get their for Friday and I only got them last week so they haven't given me a lot of time to fill them in
Thanks again bb

Hi bb,

You can ring PIP and request a 2 week extension to fill in and return your PIP 2 form, especially if you won't get the full 4 weeks due to only receiving the PIP 2 last week.

Quite a lot of members have done this and have received the 2 week extension without any problems.

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago #155608 by billybeaver
Thank you bro58 il give them a ring tomorrow to see if they will give me an extra 2 weeks as they can only say no ,also if they agree with giving me the extra time how do I get it confirmed as I don't want them to stop my dla because they received it to late and I would have no proof of asking them ,thanks again for all your help I don't know what I'd do with out this site and all of your help
Cheers
bb

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155610 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Changing over from Dla to pip

billybeaver wrote: Thank you bro58 il give them a ring tomorrow to see if they will give me an extra 2 weeks as they can only say no ,also if they agree with giving me the extra time how do I get it confirmed as I don't want them to stop my dla because they received it to late and I would have no proof of asking them ,thanks again for all your help I don't know what I'd do with out this site and all of your help
Cheers
bb

I'm afraid they won't confirm the extension in writing, but they should tell you that they have added a note to your computer file.

The phone call should be recorded, keep a note of the date and time and ask the DWP person for their name. If you do need to refer back to it, which I would not expect as this is a very normal procedure for PIP, you can make a Subject Access Request for a copy of the call.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #155632 by billybeaver
Ty Gorden I rand pip this morning asking for a extension and they have kindly given me a extra 2 weeks to fill it all in ,yes I did ask if they would confirm it but the lady who was very nice said that it was all updated on their records so should be no problems but to ignore a letter that would be sent out to me regarding the first date
So thanks again for all your very helpful advice I will undoubtably be back again soon for some more help
bb

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.