× Members

Home Visit ASOS

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154042 by karren
Home Visit ASOS was created by karren
hi

i applied for PIP two weeks ago after going through to high courts for my last application to get PIP for my daughter with epilepsy.

I got a letter today saying they are coming next week to do a home visit?

i put on the form that i have a disabled wet room for my daughters needs, we are quite able to get to the assessment with her in a taxi?

why would they be coming out? will they want to see the bathroom? she has alarm on the bed too??

will they ask about the last claim? i was told that they can only ask about last 3 months?
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154046 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Home Visit ASOS
Hi Karren,

I am unsure whether this is now a completely new claim or a reassessment of PIP for your daughter?

The decision whether or not to give a home assessment seems to be totally hit and miss - some people have to fight tooth and nail for one, others are given one without asking! However, it does suggest that ATOS have accepted that your daughter has a significant level of disability so one would hope that is in your favour.

Have a look in the PIP guide so that you will know what to expect from the assessment.

PIP help for claimants

You can choose which room it is held in and who to have with you. Your companion is perfectly entitled to take notes. The assessor should not ask to look around the rest of your home- but you might feel it is in your interest to show him/her the wet room etc, that's up to you.

The assessor probably will not have any knowledge of your previous claim, they should really only be interested in how things are now and whether this is expected to continue for another 9 months.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your queries/comments related to your daughter's PIP to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154086 by Mags72
Replied by Mags72 on topic Home Visit ASOS
Hi Karen. I've had a home assessment and the lady didn't ask to see my wet room. My Son suffered severe epilepsy and I think they are understanding that your daughter may.. Or may not hopefully, have a seizure.
It's very difficult to get a home assessment so good luck

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #154088 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Home Visit ASOS

Margaret wrote: Hi Karen. I've had a home assessment and the lady didn't ask to see my wet room. My Son suffered severe epilepsy and I think they are understanding that your daughter may.. Or may not hopefully, have a seizure.
It's very difficult to get a home assessment so good luck

Hi m,

Yes, the Assessor can ask, but they cannot insist on seeing any other rooms.

Of course it may be to your advantage to show them any Aids or Adaptations !

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago #154288 by karren
Replied by karren on topic Home Visit ASOS
Hi

This is a reassessment as they took all her point off her on her last application, we took it for consideration, then to tribunal, higher tribunal and then to high court (but high court sent it back) :-(

Hopefully this time it may be seen by someone better than we seen last time we applied, the person who done it didn't have a clue about epilepsy

thank you for your help, it will hopefully stop my daughter from worrying
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.