× Members

PIP (Yes, PIP) and "Performance Measurement Visit"

More
8 years 1 month ago #154371 by cishanjia
Hi,

Long story short. I have income-based ESA for "complex migraine" and PIP because I have Asperger Syndrome which leaves me prone to depression and an inability to cope with change. I also receive HB and CTS.

Last week I received a letter in which the DWP invited themselves to my home for a "Performance Measurement visit" "to check that the [DWP] is paying [me] the correct amount of Personal Independence Payment." Yes, PIP. I was granted PIP for five years around 5 months ago.

I contacted my keyworker at the local Asperger charity which partners with my county council. The DWP have agreed to conduct the interview elsewhere, but say that they can go ahead with it despite my keyworker's objections that I have depression and find sudden changes distressing and that it can take place as soon as three months after a PIP award. I haven't even had a chance to see my GP yet. My keyworker hadn't even heard of performance measurement visits before I emailed her.

Does anyone know anything about these - especially in relation to PIP? Also, are there really no exemptions (except for terminal illness) for vulnerable claimants?

Initially I was unable to work because of frequent and severe migraine - worsened by stress - but now I am constantly being bombarded by the DWP (about every 5 months) and it is them who have driven me to depression. I am barely able to function, don't get dressed or wash often any more and feel like just giving up on life - such as it is any more - all stuff for which I am awarded PIP in the first place. Even having to find all the paperwork, buy a new printer cartridge and set up my printer to print off online accounts' records is more than I feel capable of doing right now. I almost never go out. All because they have eroded my ability to cope. Can it really be that they can hound claimants who are vulnerable this far?

From what little I've been able to read, mainly from here, there seems to be no appeals' process, it seems to be a blanket benefits' review and exemptions only apply to unannounced visits. I've read through the guidance booklet available from here, and am terrified at the frequency of the word "fraud" and "redacted". I can't stop shaking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154414 by slugsta
Hello and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I am sorry that you are finding this so stressful. Please contact your GP or support worker if you are feeling desperate and don't forget that The Samaritans are always there to listen (tel 116 123).

Yes, I'm afraid DWP are allowed to perform these reviews whenever they want. Sometimes they are triggered by a 'tip off', sometimes it is random. Can your support worker be with you during the appointment? You can have anyone else with you if your support worker cannot help.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.