× Members

ESA and depression

More
8 years 1 month ago #154417 by homer
ESA and depression was created by homer
After reading another posting from someone who was saying they were not going to fill in the sa50 form again because of the stress it caused last time, i note the reply said this would end the claim.

it reminded me of a conversation i had with a claimant advisor when i rang ESA about the WCA form i had received. i have been placed in the support group for the past three years, they said this was to "simply review" my claim. i too told the advisor about how much stress it caused, after looking at my notes she advised me that as i was suffering with mental health problems i am not actually obliged to fill in the form..

does anybody know if this in fact true or is it just another ruse the DWP to boost their employment figures

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154458 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and depression

homer wrote: After reading another posting from someone who was saying they were not going to fill in the sa50 form again because of the stress it caused last time, i note the reply said this would end the claim.

it reminded me of a conversation i had with a claimant advisor when i rang ESA about the WCA form i had received. i have been placed in the support group for the past three years, they said this was to "simply review" my claim. i too told the advisor about how much stress it caused, after looking at my notes she advised me that as i was suffering with mental health problems i am not actually obliged to fill in the form..

does anybody know if this in fact true or is it just another ruse the DWP to boost their employment figures

It's actually the other way around, Maximus can choose not to issue an ESA50 if they feel that they have enough information on file not to require up to date information from the claimant.

There are limited circumstances where Maximus may choose, even if an ESA50 has not been returned and the claimant is known to have severe mental health issues, where they may continue on to an assessment, but it is most certainly not something to be relied on.

Realistically, if an ESA50 has been issued then it needs to be completed and returned or the claimant will be treated as failing to participate and their claim will likely be closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.