× Members

Decision Maker V Case Manager

• Chris.w
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #154511 by Chris.w
Decision Maker V Case Manager was created by Chris.w
Hi All,
Can anyone tell me the difference between a decision maker and a case manager,or are they the same?i still haven't had a decision about PIP after having my medical assessment on 2/2/16 and when I rang them 3 weeks ago they told me it was with the case manager.....I rang them on 17/3/16 and it's still not been sorted.Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
P.S Would it have gone to a decision maker and then passed on to a case manager for some reason? Getting really worried now as they have had the PIP form since 16/12/15.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154516 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Decision Maker V Case Manager

Chris.w wrote: Hi All,
Can anyone tell me the difference between a decision maker and a case manager,or are they the same?i still haven't had a decision about PIP after having my medical assessment on 2/2/16 and when I rang them 3 weeks ago they told me it was with the case manager.....I rang them on 17/3/16 and it's still not been sorted.Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
P.S Would it have gone to a decision maker and then passed on to a case manager for some reason? Getting really worried now as they have had the PIP form since 16/12/15.

Case Managers are a lower grade than Decision Makers and are usually only trained to make PIP Decisions whereas a DM may have experience of other benefits and would also be responsible for making eligibility Decisions as well as entitlement ones.

Basically the DWP made so many staff redundant in the efficiency drives of the last six years that they did not have enough DMs to process claims, so they created a new role call the Case Manager and trained a number of admin staff to fill it.

If it is with a CM then the likelihood is that it is sitting in a pile with other claims and you're waiting for your file to reach the top.

Other than checking regularly, there is nothing you can do to progress the situation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris.w

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.