× Members

bipolar

More
8 years 1 month ago #154050 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic bipolar

jj wrote: thank you again Gordon i shall look to see if i had anything at all to do with WRAG, also i hadn't worked since my accident in January 1991, i got put onto the full time incapacity benefit in 1993 thanks again, John.

So you were transferred to ESA from IB in 2012?

If this is the case then there is an additional element to the puzzle.

If you were transferred from IB to ESA and placed in the WRAG then you would have received Contribution Based ESA, payment of ESA(CB) for claimants not In the Support Group is limited to 365 days, so your ESA would have stopped in 2013.

Although this still doesn't explain the Fit for Work Decision, this restriction would have prevented payment of the Assessment rate while appealing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154051 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic bipolar

jj wrote: hi again Gordon i forgot to ask should i tell them about my bipolar assessment as another ilness or do you think i would be adding to an already confusing case? thanks again, John.

A new condition should enable a claim for ESA to be made, you still need to raise this with your GP as this needs to be included on any Fit Note that they may issue and you may still be requested to provide additional information about this new condition before the DWP accept a new claim.

It's not a matter that has been raised yet but you will only be able to make a claim for Income Related ESA, this is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jj

• jj
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #155085 by jj
Replied by jj on topic bipolar
hi again recently you guys helped me with a esa problem i've recently appealed and am now waiting for a tribunal to decide my fate however now i m being assessed for bipolar and i'm wondering should i tell them or wait till i've been assessed and see what the out come is as i think this may throw another spanner in the works and give them more of an excuse to delay my claim, but one question i'd like to ask is, is bipolar a medical problem recognised by the DWP i'm not so good at these things they drive me insane, thanks again, John

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155096 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic bipolar
Hi John,

I have merged your query with your previous topic relating to your ESA claim. It helps us enormously if everything relating to one claim is kept in the same place - especially when, like yours, they are less than straightforward!

Bipolar disorder is a singificant mental illness.As such DWP have no option but to recognise it.

Your appeal is dealing with your situation as it was when you first tried to claim ESA. Nothing that has arisen since then can be considered. Bipolar disorder does not tend to manifest itself overnight so it is quite possible that you were suffering from its effects when you did make your claim. However, your problem would be trying to prove this.

If you do reapply for ESA, your bipolar could then be considered a new condition and used to your advantage as it would mean that payment would be made from the start of the claim.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.