× Members

DLA to PIP

More
8 years 1 month ago #155313 by JRW
DLA to PIP was created by JRW
My daughter has been on DLA since she was 8, we have now been told to apply for PIP as she is 16.

She has various issues, deafness, communication, lack of social skills, behaviour problems, and has been statemented and now has a EHC. I have various reports and hospital letters listing her problems and also school provide reports 3 times a year with agreed targets, i.e. telling the time, learning to count money etc. She has had taxis for school since 11, if she goes to college, she will need to be accompanied and I'm in the mid of arranging that with local council. She has a disability card that local authority issued. Is there any chance that if I fill the form in and provide backup evidence, that she won't have to be interviewed? I had assessment for similar condition, it was a total farce and went to tribunal and was awarded Standard x 2. She would only find an interview confusing and freak out if someone asks her questions for an hour. Even when we have meetings at school, she sits there and yawns and can't concentrate. A lot of things she won't or can't do because she has poor motor skills. She's a Level 1 learner, she won't get any good results in her exams even with support as she has a scribe and extra time. She isn't taking very many subjects anyway, just English, Science and Humanit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155316 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA to PIP
Hi JRW,

Yes, it is possible that your daughter's case will be decided without a face2face appointment. It does happen although it is not common. So it is well worth making as good a job as possible of the claim. As you have been through it yourself you will understand that the criteria for PIP are very different from those for DLA.

Whether or not a claimant needs a f2f is entirely at the discretion of the assessor.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your queries relating to your daughter's PIP to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155326 by JRW
Replied by JRW on topic DLA to PIP
Hi again,

The fact that the criteria for PIP is very different to DLA is worrying. I think I read in another post that it is an idea to include a copy of the DLA application as well? I will have to find it and re-read it.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161854 by JRW
Hello,

I have received the PIP2 form for my daughter. She requested extra time and copies of the information supplied with her DLA application but there was no mention of these in the letter enclosing the PIP2 form. I have written today (Recorded Delivery) asking for these. Are they not going to supply these?

Also have the questions changed since I did my PIP form in 2013? I thought there was supposed to be a form which was more 'deaf friendly' according to the Government blog?

As my daughter's handwriting is poor, I got her to do the PIP1 form so they can see that she can't write well or spell. I will get her to do some of the PIP2 form but have to decide whether it is better for me to type up the more detailed information and stick this in as if I get her to write, it wouldn't be detailed enough and her writing is so big and just getting her to write a sentence is a challenge. At school she has a scribe and a simplified timetable. She is known as a vulnerable learner and her school have structured meetings with us every term and we set out targets for her like learning to use money (not achieved) so can I include documents like these in the application and reference specifically to the relevant points?

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161869 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA to PIP
Yes, include your documents to support your daughter's claim - the more they relate to the descriptors, the better.

I'm afraid I don't know of any other PIP2 form, 'deaf friendly' or otherwise.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166634 by JRW
Sent PIP2 back yesterday. Enclosed 21 pieces of evidence with a schedule listing which question(s) they related to. Went through the application with support from B&W documents, plus local council rep, and using information from deaf charities. Just hoping it's not a waste of time. Local MP helped too as contacting DWP is very difficult to get DLA Papers and extension of time. Didn't get DLA papers or letter to confirm extension of time so hope it's all okay but do have email from MP's office which I will use if there's any argument. Fingers crossed now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.