× Members

PIP- mandatory recon.-being assessed again?!

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155750 by N2016
Hi there,

I recently requested a mandatory reconsideration of the PIP award decision I received (to challenge the mobility award.)

I sent in additional supporting evidence from myself and my Consultant, for the reconsideration, and then two weeks later I received a letter from capita, with a date for another face to face medical assessment at my home?

I phoned them and explained that I've already had the face to face assessment before, and that I was requesting a reconsideration, and they said that I have to have another assessment, and that a reconsideration triggers a new claim?

I'm confused as to why I am required to have a second face to face assessment, I had thought that the mandatory consideration process would be carried out with all the existing information they already have? Why go through all the sane questions again? I've provided all the answers before, and a ton of supporting evidence.

Has anyone else been told that they have to attend a second assessment just weeks after the first one?

I also requested a copy of the original assessor's medical report, and this hasn't been acknowledged by the DWP or sent to me.
They've just sent me the letter saying that I will be having (another!) face to face medical assessment next week?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155782 by Gordon
N

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You need to contact the DWP about this as any requirement for an assessment will have been made by them.

A Mandatory Reconsideration should be made on the information already available to the DWP plus anything that you submit as part of the process, there is no reason for the DWP to seek further medical evidence although they are not specifically prevented from doing so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155898 by N2016
Hi Gordon,

Thankyou, that's what I thought.

I contacted them and they didn't give me any further information other than that they said I have to have another assessment.
No explanation.

It just doesn't seem right to me.

N

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #155918 by Gordon

N2016 wrote: Hi Gordon,

Thankyou, that's what I thought.

I contacted them and they didn't give me any further information other than that they said I have to have another assessment.
No explanation.

It just doesn't seem right to me.

N

I'm afraid the PIP legislation allows for a re-assessment at any time and for any reason, there is not even a minimum period between re-assessments.

The only other thing I can suggest is for you to try contacting your MP about the situation, however, unless you receive confirmation in writing that the assessment has been cancelled you will need to complete this new PIP2 in detail and supply evidence to support your claim, even if this has already been sent in before.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.