× Members

PIP Assessment

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155941 by suzyb
PIP Assessment was created by suzyb
Some questions I would like to know about an assessment for PIP.

Can I ask to see the qualifications of the assessor ?
Am I allowed to record the assessment or is the person with me allowed to write down questions asked and my answers ?
Are we allowed to ask for a copy of the written assessment when completed?
How long do you on average wait for a decision ?
Does motability allow an extension on a car while you wait for a decision if you cannot get to work without it?

These are questions that came to mind and not sure where to find the answers.
Many thanks Sue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155944 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP Assessment
Hi SuzyB

Brief answers to your questions;

You can't ask to see the qualifications of the assessor.
You can request to record your interview but you have to have a double recording device (in other words, both you and the assessor need to have a copy. You would have to check whether one would be available or whether you have to take your own device.
You can't ask for an immediate copy of your assessment. You can request one at a later date, when the DWP have seen the report..
I think at the present time there is something like a four-eight week wait to find out the outcome of your assessment. It may be more or less depending on the volume of assessments being carried out.
If you lose your mobility award, you lose the car - I don't think there is an extension time. What there is is a grant from motability which should enable you to get another car in place of the mobility car.

Sorry if these are not very encouraging answers; the whole situation isn't very encouraging at the minute. All I can say is good luck, and I hope you get the result you want from your assessment. :)

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155966 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Assessment
In addition to Shelam's excellent reply, I would like to clarify the situation re recording of PIP assessments.

The assessment provider does not provide recording devices, it is down to the claimant to provide the equipment if they wish to record the assessment. This must allow for 2 consecutive recordings and the assessor must be given one copy at the end of the interview. Some of our members have used 2 cassette recorders with some success but you should make sure there is capacity to record for up to 90 minutes (although we have heard of assessments taking longer than this, it is quite uncommon).

You must request permission to record in advance as not all assessors will agree to this.

It is not illegal to undertake covert (secret) recording but, if you choose to do this, you must be careful that this is not discovered as this would most likely result in your file being returned to DWP and your claim closed.

Your DLA will remain in payment for 4 weeks after the PIP decision is made, no matter what that decision is.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.