× Members

What evidence is best to send?

More
8 years 1 month ago #156239 by Shaky
What evidence is best to send? was created by Shaky
hello,

I was just wondering what evidence is best to send to be awarded PIP I have sever Fibromyalgia a recurrent depressive disorder and Emotionally unstable Personality traits.

I want to know specifically what will the assessors of the evidence want to see so I could may be get a template done for my CPN and GP. I have over the years collected lots of correspondence form professional bodies once they have seen or assed me that have been sent to my GP but are they effective?? Does the evidence have to be to the point and very obvious as to how I am effected rather then what is my diagnosis?

Please help me as I do not want to do any thing wrong, as yet I have not started my claim I am just collecting evidence and information and awaiting someone to help me write my claim up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #156242 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic What evidence is best to send?
Hi Shaky

What you are trying to do is show how your illness/es affect you and how they interfere with your normal day to day living. The title of your illness does not necessarily reflect the severity of your particular response to the illness. So the sort of evidence you need is anything that reflects your problems (physical and emotional) in dealing with your illness.

Recent reports from your Medical experts showing support for what you are claiming are the effects of your disease on your day to day living will be valuable; supportive letter/s from your GP also would be useful.

It's not useful to send appointment letters, or anything which is not fairly recent.

Read through the guides on the website - they explain very carefully just what information you need to give and how to present it. Follow the guides, gather your information together and present it carefully and fully. That's the best way to go. Good luck :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shaky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.