× Members

ESA - New Claim

More
8 years 1 week ago #156388 by missouchalot
ESA - New Claim was created by missouchalot
Hi, I am a new member and wanted a bit of advice about my new claim. I am filling out the ESA50 form and my problem is lack of evidence, my doctors are always busy and when I went to see them a few days ago to ask for a couple of referrals they wanted to get my health issues dealt with first and so I have to go back, hence I don't have that evidence to put down on my claim form, as well as any written letters which I am sure they will be too busy to provide, is this normal with GPs and if so what is the best way round it.

I am partially deaf since birth, have curvature of the spine resulting in severe back pain, have suffered anxiety and depression for over 6 years, have severe endometriosis which causes me daily pain, but my fitnote is for labyrinthitis which has been the icing on the cake and caused me to transfer from JSA to ESA. I am asking for referrals to ENT & a re-referral to Gynae (as my prev surgery was in 2014, with the inference that I would need further surgery which I ignored a bit as it was drastic) but my other illnesses are ones for which I only have proof of meds. I feel like they are just going to look at my form and dismiss it due to lack of extra info at this point, can I send in info to them in the next few weeks should I be able to get it (trying to get doctors appts is like trying to get blood out of a stone). Sorry if this post is a bit all over the show, its all a bit new to me and overwhelming!! :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156396 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA - New Claim
missouchalot

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

GP's blow hot or cold in regard to supporting patients with benefit claims, it's quite possible that your GP will take the view that the DWP will write to them for information, they may but the odds are very much against it. I would raise this with your GP and see their response to decide whether it is worth pushing them for support.

As an alternative you can access your medical records at the practice. See

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Please make sure that you have a good read of our ESA Claim guides on the following link, the ESA50 does a poor job of explaining the criteria against which you are actually assessed.

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #156398 by missouchalot
Replied by missouchalot on topic ESA - New Claim
I will do, thanks so much for your help Gordon .. looks like I have lots of reading to catch up on.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.