× Members

assessment centre for face to face

More
8 years 1 week ago #156578 by julie daglish
assessment centre for face to face was created by julie daglish
Hi Everyone, and thank you for all your past help. Two weeks ago I received a letter from DWP stating that my money would remain the same until 2018, so I settled a bit thinking I did not have to go for assessment, I had already completed and sent my ESA form back three weeks before. After which I had a mental health relapse and was sent for urgent assessment and on to a consultant psychiatrist, who is adding a new med called Quitiapine to my list of others, I had been on these meds three days when I received a letter for a face to face assessment. I have chronic depression and anxiety, I very rarely go out and never alone, usually just to doctors. I also have Cervical spondylosis with osteophytes and loss of any strength in arms with considerable pain and know grip and can not lift or carry, my legs are now also effected and walk with pain at any distance. Well they want a nine o'clock appointment, and at the bottom of letter it states they do have a lift but if fire or fault occurs there is seventy steps and also no disabled parking near the building, my nerves are so shattered I can not sleep, and have the crisis team number at hand. but would like to know should my Father ring DWP to ask about the face to face assessment and should I phone ATOS to tell them this appointment center would hard for me to cope with.
Please could you help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156619 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic assessment centre for face to face
babyjet

If you want to have a Home Assessment rather than one in the Assessment Providers offices then you will need your GP to provide a letter stating why you cannot attend.

Forgive me but I'm a bit confused as to the benefit in question, if you have just received the bi-annual entitlement letter for ESA then I would not expect it to say anything about a date in 2018, also the AP for ESA is now Maximus (aka HAAS and CHDA) rather than ATOS who now only perform PIP assessments.

Your father can ring the AP but you should be present in case they require your authorisation to do so.

There's no point in you contacting the DWP about this, the decision on whether an assessment is needed and where it is to be held lies solely with the AP.

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: julie daglish

More
8 years 1 week ago #156627 by julie daglish
Replied by julie daglish on topic assessment centre for face to face
Hi Gordon,

Just got paper work out again and it was the higher rate mobility until 2018.

The letter for ESA Support group was the change in payable rates.

My mental health is at very low point at the moment, are the mental health team obliged to have some one go with you, as I do not go out on my own, as my Dad is nearly eighty now and full amputee, it's really to much for him now.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156663 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic assessment centre for face to face

babyjet wrote: Hi Gordon,

Just got paper work out again and it was the higher rate mobility until 2018.

The letter for ESA Support group was the change in payable rates.

My mental health is at very low point at the moment, are the mental health team obliged to have some one go with you, as I do not go out on my own, as my Dad is nearly eighty now and full amputee, it's really to much for him now.

You'll have to ask your mental health team, but I don't think they have any obligation to attend with you although that does not mean that they will not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.