× Members

Middle rate indefinitely

More
8 years 1 week ago #156897 by missylea
Middle rate indefinitely was created by missylea
Hi everyone, this us my first post. I have been receiving middle rare care for mental health the last few years but recently ive became much worse. I don't go outside unless I'm accompanied by an adult as I tend to wander off and get confused with voices in my head. I also need a back op which is a metal plate in my back so I'm in agony with it and the meds I take for it make me extremely tired and drowsy with I've fallen alot. My son or friend gives me my meds at night cause I forget to take them or have taken too many. My son also spends alot of time settling me into bed as the voices are worse at night. I wrote everything down and went on ur advice pack. I got an offer of middle rate indefinitely. I don't know if this is a good offer or u should get me as I can't leave the house by myself and it takes someone to to be with day and night as I panic and become extremely anxious. What can I do or will I just accept this award. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #156905 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Middle rate indefinitely
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

If you were below the age of 65 in April 2013 you will be 'invited' to claim PIP at some stage. Any change of circumstances that you notify to DWP would also result in you being required to claim PIP, you would not have the option to remain on DLA.

PIP has deliberately been made more difficult to claim than DLA and the criteria are very different. I suggest you have a good read of our PIP guide and take our self-assessment test to try and work out what you might be awarded.

PIP help for claimants

If you decide to go ahead and claim PIP we will help you as much as we can.

If you were over 65 years in April 2013, you will remain on DLA. In which case, please reply to this post and we will give you appropriate advice.

You should bookmark or favourite this in your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That way you can ask any further questions relating to your DLA/PIP here, it helps us enormously if everything relating to one claim is kept in the same place and I hope it will help you too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156942 by missylea
Replied by missylea on topic Middle rate indefinitely
Hi Mrs hurtyback, thank you for ur reply. I'm in NI and I don't if things are different here. I have never heard of pip. The only difference Ive had changed is me coming off income support and put on esa because my youngest turned 7. I had to send I'm sick lines from the Dr every 8 weeks and then I got a letter saying I didn't need to anymore and that I was in a group. I got severe disability allowance with my dla. My dla was up for renewal on 15th March and filled every space I had and put post it notes on each page with additional information. I rang today and asked them to send me out the information on how they came to this decision. I really don't know if I should just be grateful as there are really poorly people getting turned downed and I've received middle care indefinitely which again I never know existed as I filled out my renewals forms every 2 years but I do need quite alot of care at night and because of my prolapse disc and awaiting a fusion operation I'm on agony. I'm on morphine, tramadol, naproxon, cocodemol, diazepam on top off all my depression medication. I can't go outside without care which made me think I should maybe have gotten low rate mobility? I actually think the first time I applied 7 years ago for dla I was awarded lower rate mobility and middle care but I'm aware alot if things have changed and alot of people have been taken off. What I'm afraid off is they wrote out and ask for my Dr details which I filled out on the form but they explained the forms are scanned on and the post it note was covering the details. I'm wondering did they even read the original form and the post it notes containing the extra information. How long have you got to write a letter asking it to be looked at again? I want to wait until they send me the info on how the decision was made. Hope this makes sense. Thank you

More
8 years 1 week ago #156963 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Middle rate indefinitely
missylea

I'm afraid we cannot help you make a decision on whether to challenge this new DLA award, you need to consider how secure your current award is and how likely you are to receive an increased one.

One thing I can tell you is that Higher rate care is only awarded where the claimant can show that they have care needs both day AND night, if you can only show care needs during the day OR the night then it will not matter how great you needs are, you will not receive a higher award.

Northern Ireland will start the rollout of PIP from June this year, initially it will be fixed term awards and Changes of Circumstances, indefinite awards are expected to be affected from December.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: missylea

More
8 years 1 week ago #156989 by missylea
Replied by missylea on topic Middle rate indefinitely
If I've been awarded middle rate indefinitely. What happens when pip comes to NI on December? I know nothing about PIP or howhatever it differs fron DLA. Do I automatically get transferred over to PIP or do I have to go through another process of filling out forms etc? Goodness i sure hope not as its quite an ordeal filling out the forms. Thanks

More
8 years 1 week ago #157021 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Middle rate indefinitely

missylea wrote: If I've been awarded middle rate indefinitely. What happens when pip comes to NI on December? I know nothing about PIP or howhatever it differs fron DLA. Do I automatically get transferred over to PIP or do I have to go through another process of filling out forms etc? Goodness i sure hope not as its quite

PIP is classed as a different benefit from DLA so you will need to apply for It when invited, at the least there will be a new claim form to complete and probably a face to face assessment.

You can read about PIP in our PIP Claim guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.