× Members

Average waiting time for decision

• wotsawhipple
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #156902 by wotsawhipple
Average waiting time for decision was created by wotsawhipple
My son is on ESA and DLA, was in the ESA work group and DLA lower rate for mobility higher rate for care. At the back end of last year his condition worsened leaving him with much less mobility than before. I didn't claim for higher rate at the time as I knew he was due to be moved onto PIP imminently. Sure enough the forms came through and I completed and returned them with masses of medical evidence on 11th December. Several weeks later we got a letter to say he'd been moved into the ESA support group which is great, but we haven't had a word about the PIP claim is this normal? Its been 19 weeks - is no news good news or should I call them. The nature of his condition is progressive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #156914 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Average waiting time for decision
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Forgive me, I am a little confused by your post :blush:

Did your son get the ESA and PIP forms through at a similar time? Or have you just had the ESA form and decision?

If your son has complete the PIP2 form and, possibly, had a face2face assessment I would expect the decision to take upwards of 8 weeks. In which case I suggest that someone should phone up and ask what is happening.

If your son has had only an ESA reassessment and you have not heard about PIP yet, then I'm afraid it is a case of waiting for the letter to drop through the door - which could be any time in the next few years!

You might want to bookmark or favourite this topic on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. Then you can ask any further questions about your son's claim here - it helps us enormously if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

• wotsawhipple
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #157097 by wotsawhipple
Replied by wotsawhipple on topic Average waiting time for decision
Sorry I confused with my description, it is a minefield isn't it? He was already on ESA in work group, and DLA lower rate mobility and higher rate care. In December we got the invitation to apply for PIP (his condition had deteriorated in the preceding 12 months but I hadn't changed the claim as I knew the PIP was coming). So I completed the PIP form with lots of new medical evidence demonstrating his worsened mobility this was sent on Dec 11th. We then got a letter in January from ESA stating that as a result of evidence sent to them in December they had moved him to the ESA support group and increased his payment. However we still haven't had any word about PIP, no medical or assessment however his DLA is continuing to be paid at the existing rate. So I don't know whether to call them or just wait for a decision. We have recently been awarded a blue badge due to his mobility problems. Any advice you can give would be appreciated.

More
8 years 1 month ago #157116 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Average waiting time for decision
wotsawhipple

Do you know which PIP Assessment Provider you are under? If not have a look at the following

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

You should give the relevant AP a ring for an update, whilst their are delays at the back end of the process, we're not seeing any significant slow down for assessments and four months is well over the period we would expect.

Capita
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

ATOS
Contact ATOS

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: wotsawhipple

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.