× Members

ESA PIP special circumstances cancer treatments?

More
8 years 1 month ago #156988 by Skintmember22
Hi there,

Im just wondering if there are any special circumstances when claiming ESA and or pip that relates to long term cancer survivors, people who have had really aggressive chemotherapy tbi radiation.
by long term almost 25 years ago,
I have been on Dvla for 25 years indefinite award.
But have now received the big brown envelope.
I'm also in the process of filling the ESA form.
I have had persistent high blood pressure for years...
I've read somewhere that can happen with the toxic treatments back in 1991
I am severely deaf!
I have severe osteoporosis
V d3 deficient
Hypermobily
Scoliosis
Spinal arthritis spinal Stenosis
I am in imense pain and suffer severe fatigue
Generalised muscle nerve pain
Panic attacks
Short memory problems
Confusion to mention a few.
I'm trying to find the right words to explain my limations and general quality of life or lack of it.
could abybody help me please

Many Thanks Cx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #157020 by Gordon
Skintmember

I'm afraid both ESA and PIP look at the limitations that result from your conditions not the conditions themselves.

ESA does have some Exemptions which include treatment by chemo or radio therapy, you post suggests that you are not currently receiving this and have not for some time, you may be able to argue that you are still suffering from the effects of your radiotherapy, but on the assumption that you have been working in the interim, I think you may struggle.

PIP has no equivalent provision.

The Exemption Conditions are explained in the ESA Claim guides.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #157128 by Skintmember22
Replied by Skintmember22 on topic ESA PIP special circumstances cancer treatments?
Thanks a lot yes I've not recieved any chemotherapy or radiation since 1991
but have suffered the aftermath effects since. for the last few years as my physical health has deteriorated

I worked for my husbands company on a part time basis as the company was very flexible to my ongoing health problems hospital appointments

I was physically working from my bed.
The phone was diverted to my husbands mobile phone. I sent invoices in my own time and passed information when needed.
but just having to deal with these small tasks became increasingly difficult to tolerate.
But I wasn't able to let go and didn't want to admit to myself how bad I had got.

As I know how mentally debilitating it is not to have a purpose suffering long periods of not working due to the ongoing effects of the cancer treatment that have contributed to me feeling severely depressed isolated suicidal.

'Ive had treatment on and off for years. the last antidepressant treatments made me feel much worse. I also had counselling psychotherapy. the counsellor who I last saw reported that the depression was probably caused by declining health problems pain fatigue anxiety and self worth.

Many Thanks Cx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.