× Members

PIP tribunal query

More
8 years 6 days ago #157266 by Nysnanna
PIP tribunal query was created by Nysnanna
Beginning the appeal to tribunal for my grandson re. PIP
How much information should go in the first stage. Have downloaded the appeal form but am unsure if I should put all the information that I ahve in with this ie medical reports and written eveidence that I included with the request for mandatory reassessment (10 pages of typed information relating to where I felt he should have scored points.)
Just been reading the guide about appearing before a tribunal - what should be put in a written submission and what should go in the appeal form?
Also the guide says that the panel will direct questions to the claimant not the representative. I'm worried about this as the claimant is 16 years old and has autism. Although he is not completely non verbal I think he will struggle to answer questions appropriately and will become confused and distressed. There is a strong chance that he will not speak at all!!!! I know that he can have a written appeal but as he did not have a face to face medical assessment it seems that the HP made a lot of assumptions about how he copes and how his disbilities affect him. I want him to have the best chance possible at winning his appeal but wondered how the panel will react if he doesn't answer their questionning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 days ago #157293 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP tribunal query
Nysnanna

Please don't duplicate your posts!

I've answer most of your questions in reply to your earlier post.

You should explain your son's problems in answering questions in your submission. Does he have a reasonable understanding of his problems or is he unaware of them? This may influence how much the panel "push" him for an answer.

Are you his legal "appointee"?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 days ago #157330 by Nysnanna
Replied by Nysnanna on topic PIP tribunal query
Thank you

I was made his appointee by DWP when they came out to see if he could manage his own money. They decided he couldn't and his money is paid into my account. Is this the same thing, if not how do I become his legal appointee.

Many thanks

More
8 years 5 days ago #157345 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP tribunal query

Nysnanna wrote: Thank you

I was made his appointee by DWP when they came out to see if he could manage his own money. They decided he couldn't and his money is paid into my account. Is this the same thing, if not how do I become his legal appointee.

Many thanks

AS long as the DWP officially regard you as his guardian then that is OK and should help at the Tribunal. It would be worth your penning a short letter for the attention of the Judge of your son;s hearing, explaining the situation and that you would like to be the person who answers most of the questions, that way there will be no surprises on the day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.