× Members

Cunrrently JSA CB until e/o June. Need ESA advice

More
8 years 7 hours ago #157933 by James
Hi

I have been on JSA, with Learndirect, setting up my own business for the past 4 months.
They approved my business plan, but failed my small loan of £2,000, essential for start up.

I understand my JSA(CB) will only run for 6 months, then terminate (end of June).

During the last week I have had some more back injurys and am due to see my doctor on 12th May. (My signing day is Monday, but I have sick form in the post).

I believe he will sign me off, I have many back problems affecting my daily life and getting about, let alone employment.

I'm thinking at this point, I am going to be out of action for months (as I was in 2011/2012) when the ESA(CB) ended on April 2012.

Couple of questions:

1) If I switch and claim ESA instead of JSA, will they pay the waiting period payment until my assessment date?

2)If after my assessment they deam me fit for work, can I do a rapid reclaim (as occurred in 2011/2012) while waiting for appeal?

3) I got 63 points on the physical test, and enought points on the other test under exceptional circumstances,

It's been a while since I've been out of the system so to speak, so any help from members woud be much appreciated.

Thanks
James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 hours ago - 8 years 4 hours ago #157944 by Gordon
James

It will depend on what basis your claim was closed in 2011 or 2012?

You say that your ESA(CB) ended, were you in the WRAG? If this was the case then technically your ESA claim did not close you just ceased to receive payment but would have still received NI Credits towards a full State Pension.

Were you found Fit for Work following reassessment? If you were then you may not be able to make a claim for ESA unless you can show and it is accepted that you have a new condition or your existing conditions have deteriorated such that you would now receive an award.

To try and answer your questions.

1. Subject to above, yes they should.

2. No, see above.

3; Sorry, not sure what you are asking.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 4 hours ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.