× Members

Sending in supporting evidence late. Help please!

More
8 years 2 months ago #152983 by rosebay
New Specimen PIP1 transcript on Gov website for initial phone call to claim PIP has full page (18) asking for permission to use each part (reports etc) of one's previous DLA claim for the PIP assessment. One has to say yes or no to each report and at the end one can say No, unless you can see a copy of what they have.

I have been advised by local Disability group to say yes as could speed up claim but appreciate further advice as due to make phone call and not at all sure what to say. Aware PIP has different criteria and may make a difference.

Many thanks for any input
Rabbit24

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153019 by slugsta
Hi Rabbit and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Obviously we don't know what is in your records. Be warned that DWP have produced reports from previous refused awards that were later overturned at tribunal. You will know if there might be anything like that in your records.

Whatever you decide, you should complete the PIP2 form comprehensively, don't assume that DWP have, or will use, any prior knowledge of you!

I suggest you have a good look at out PIP guides and then reply to this message with any further questions or comments. It makes our job much easier if everything relating to the same subject is kept in the same place! You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter :)

PIP help for claimants

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rosebay

More
8 years 2 months ago #153047 by rosebay
Thank you, Mrs Hurtyback. First time ever posted anywhere so all guidance much appreciated.

I have read the excellent guides to PIP but the info on the initial phone call did not mention anything about agreeing to use of all the information, reports etc from previous DLA and ESA claims. Thankfully My DLA was awarded at higher rates without an interview so no refusal reports lurking. However, I have not seen reports etc from old claims so I don't know what they say. My award was made with the working 'despite the fact that you have a fluctuating condition'.

My concern is that I don't mind them looking at my previous info but would like to give them all up to date info as some minor changes in help I get/need. I agree I want to fill in PIP2 fully to give this and worry that a decision could be made without sending me the PIP2 to fill in to update them. Wonder if anyone knows this is a possibility or on the other hand if I ticking box saying....'No don't use reports until I have seen copies'.....I risk seeming obstructive and and delaying things.

Hope this makes sense. I have gone on a bit! My brain goes bit blank when stressed.
Many thanks for any thoughts
Rabbit24

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153068 by Gordon
Rabbit

You don't say when you were last assessed, if it was more than 15 months ago then your files will be in the DWP data storage and it's not impossible that they have now been destroyed.

I'm not sure that the DWP will give you an option to see them before you decide on their use, they are looking for a simple yes or no.

Even If the information is available and you decide the DWP can use it, they may not actually do so.

Our advice is to include anything you want them to consider with your PIP2 when you return it.

If you want to see what they hold then you can issue a Subject Access Request (SAR)

Requesting a Subject Access Request (SAR) :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your PIP.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rosebay

More
8 years 11 hours ago #158103 by rosebay
Hi,
I would be grateful for advice on HOW TO FIND OUT WHICH DWP OFFICE IS DEALING WITH MY PIP CLAIM AND WHICH DWP OFFICE IS DEALING WITH MY ESA CLAIM SO I CAN GET THEIR ADDRESSES.

I had to fill in forms for both ESA renewal and for PIP (as my DLA was running out) at the same time. I got the forms in on time about 4 weeks ago but now have some more supporting evidence to forward to them.

In the excellent B&W Guide it suggests also sending copies of the supporting evidence to the DWP office dealing with my claim as well. To make sure the Decision Maker sees the supporting evidence. This seems a good idea as I am sending them in so late.

However, there is no mention of a DWP office on the letters etc sent with the forms and I do not know how to find the address of the DWP office dealing with my claim. Can see no numbers to ring to find out. Please can someone help me with this as I need to get the new evidence in the post quickly.

Many thanks for any help.

More
8 years 10 hours ago - 8 years 10 hours ago #158119 by slugsta
Hi rabbit,

I have merged your query with the previous topic relating to your PIP claim. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

All DWP post goes to a central office rather than to the local centres.The address to use should be at the top of the most recent letter you have from them relating to each benefit. Mark it 'FAO Decision Maker'.

Don't forget to make sure that your name and NINo are clearly marked at the top of each extra sheet and that they are numbered at the bottom '1 of 20' etc.

Last edit: 8 years 10 hours ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.