× Members

Esa eas50

More
8 years 1 week ago #156565 by debbie
Esa was created by debbie
Hi i am new to this site i really need some help i was recieving ssp and half my pay from work which is due to come to a end this month april . I dont no were i go from here what i çan claim i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia depression anxiety etc do i claim esa from here ? What i need to do iv never been out of work i cant even think straight can anyone help me to give me advice and what to do
Regards
Debs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156566 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Esa
Hello Debbie

sorry you're feeling so upset and confused - not surprising really.

First things first; if you look at the boxes down the side of this page you will see where it says 'Employment and Support Allowance (ESA). Click on this.

Next it gives the option 'Take the ESA Test. Click on this and read the instructions and check with your replies whether you do feel you will qualify for the benefit and which group you should go into (in your own opinion.) It does say that the Decision Maker might not agree with your self assessment. Don't worry about that yet, just see where you and your issues with health fit.

If you then feel that you ought to apply, contact the DWP and request an ESA50 form. When you get this, again look at the guides on the website and carefully answer the questions, being sure that you understand what the questions are asking you and explaining fully how your illness affects you DO NOT just tick the boxes. Always answer fully. If your answers don't fit the questions, then go to the back page of the form and put your reply there. Better to write more than not enough.

When you've filled in the form as best you can, gather together all the evidence you have supporting your claim - letters from doctors, consultants, physiotherapists - anyone who has had any input in your care. Don't send evidence which is very old, and don't send appointment letters. Send all of these things together, by recorded delivery or special delivery - make sure you have a record of having sent it and they have acknowledge receipt.

If you're not sure about anything, then you contact us again and will try to help you. It sounds a bit complicated and it isn't easy, but with the guides and our help we'll make sure you get the best chance you can.

If you want to find out if there are any other benefits you can claim, try CAB, or you loval government website, where you can get a complete benefits check.

Just keep on trying, and remember we will help however we can.

Good luck :) (It might help if you bookmark this page, or favourite it so we know we've been in touch with you before!)

More
8 years 1 week ago #156580 by debbie
Replied by debbie on topic Esa
Hi shelam i did a esa free test and came up that i would be put in support group
my husband works 37 hours and is on about 24000 year is it still worth me putting in for it just thought i would not be entitled with my husband working
regards debs

More
8 years 1 week ago #156588 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Esa
Hi Debbie,

If you have been working, and paying NI, for the past few years then you will probably be entitled to Contributory ESA which is not dependant on your financial situation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #156597 by debbie
Replied by debbie on topic Esa
Thx for reply so do i fill a esa form in plus esa50 for and what do i do with the ss1 form i got from work
Regards debs

More
8 years 1 week ago #156636 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa

debbie wrote: Thx for reply so do i fill a esa form in plus esa50 for and what do i do with the ss1 form i got from work
Regards debs

To make a claim for ESA you need to complete an ESA1 for, this can be done over the phone or by you downloading a copy from Gov.UK.

You will need to send the SSP1 form to the DWP with a Fit Note covering you from the day after you SSP ends. The DWP will give you the address to send these to.

Once you claim is accepted you will receive an ESA50 to complete.

See the ESA guides for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.